Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

Donegall

3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 19776

Re: Donegall

Post by 3rdforum on Thu 12 May 2016 - 17:40

I was thinking of getting Kev to translate for when we meet Reg but I can't understand him half the time either!

Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 19658

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 12 May 2016 - 17:47

3rdforum wrote:Waste of time, it always happens that you find a great spot on the 3rd or 4th pub and there you will stay. Then the following night, because the craic was so good in that particular spot, you won't go anywhere else and will then consider yourself a "regular"! By the way, I'll bet you will understand the accent Rob but Annie will struggle ( unless her dad kept his accent)

Her dad still had an Irish accent, but probably a bit watered down a bit like my Scottish accent, down here everyone picks up on my Scottish accent but when I go back up to Scotland my mates take the piss out of me saying I now speak posh,,, I have to explain that I don't speak posh and that I just have to speak slow and pronounce every word properly down here so these English twats can understand me...

Flag Flag Flag

Think Annie should do ok as family holidayed a lot over there when she was a kid...
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 6284

Post by searcher on Thu 12 May 2016 - 21:13

When I joined up we had to travel down to Aldershot in a group, one guy Jim Purdie was broad Scots when we left Waverley but by the time we reached Kings Cross he spoke Cockney , we called him "cor blimey"
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Thu 12 May 2016 - 22:26

I pick up accents very quickly. Don't like it 

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sat 14 May 2016 - 14:58

Got everything finalised last night, as previously said had booked flights Manchester/Belfast  £140 return for four of us, accommodation proved a bit of a problem, we needed one double room and two singles, there was nothing available in Carndonagh itself, the only ones coming up with what we needed were all over three miles from the town and looked pretty much out in the sticks, plus prices were silly and that was only for bed and breakfast, so started looking at holiday homes, came up with this one:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's a mile walk in to the town centre, they only rent it on a weekly basis, we only needed four nights but at £718 it was still a lot cheaper than any of the hotels plus you don't have to get up at silly o'clock for breakfast, in hindsight if we'd known we were going to end up renting a place for a week we would have stayed longer but flights were already booked...

Car hire, our flight arrives 09:35, departs 14:10, so car hire was going to be five days cos ideally we need the car for about four days two hours, could have went for four but would have meant hanging around the airport a bit to keep within the four day rental period, so I looked at both four and five day rental costs, ended up going with Alamo, an economy class car, Fiesta/Corsa type of car four day rental £137, five days £121 ??? well it is Ireland... Could have got a car for less than half the price but needed to be an automatic for Annie, and Annie is going to be the driver,,, I don't drink and drive but I also don't fly without drinking ,,, so Annie was deffo nominated driver on the way out, but when we looked an having two drivers for the hire car it was £50 extra so stuff that...

One worrying bit, when it's looking like Annies getting dumped with all the driving  she says "I not sure about this driving on the other side of the road I've never done it before" ... 

And that's a feckin lie by the way, she does it all the time over here...

So all in all its  £979 for the four of us or £245 per scull, they'll be petrol on top of that but I've been on the AA Route Planner and its 78 miles each way with a journey time of 1 hour 48 minutes so in our small put put car we ain't gonna go through much,,,  one hire company had a Vauxhall Insignia automatic for about £20 more but Annie wasn't happy with the size of it, she's used to driving a Fiesta (Badly)...

So where's the nearest Asda Dermo, got to get the beer, wine and what was the other thing Annie said, Ah, food in...

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Sat 14 May 2016 - 17:23

No Asda in the republic. There is a Supervalu in Carndonagh which is a nationwide chain. You can get some very good deals on booze there ( sometimes). It would be about the cheapest around though you are going to be paying a little more for everything cos it is so isolated. Another option would be to stock up on food when you are driving through the north. You wouldn't have to change as much sterling then. ( Just thinking, I would say that they probably accept sterling in Carndonagh being so close to the border.)

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Sat 14 May 2016 - 17:25

By the way, if you make it from Belfast Airport to Carndonagh in 1hr 48 min, I'll personally go up there and buy you a pint!

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sat 14 May 2016 - 17:34

AA Route Planner...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21328

Post by Topdog on Sat 14 May 2016 - 17:46

3rdforum wrote:I pick up accents very quickly. Don't like it 
    Good Job Reg don't, he would be the owner of 5 council houses by now
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Sat 14 May 2016 - 18:18

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 19:02

Got here, but an  eventful day,,, heading out so will update later...
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 38308

Post by Campbell Brodie on Wed 15 Jun 2016 - 19:16

Have fun!

Helpful Links.
           [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 11:00

3rdforum wrote:By the way, if you make it from Belfast Airport to Carndonagh in 1hr 48 min, I'll personally go up there and buy you a pint!

Yip could have been done in the 1h 48m, took us 2h 15m cos Annie not the most confident at overtaking, very good roads all the way, the last eight mile or so the road got a bit twister but was of good quality and ample width, the small road that leads down to the cottage for the last mile of the trip yip that single track road down to the cottage,,, so on principal I think you should get your hand in your pocket...

So, come on ...
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12414

Post by Gypsy on Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 11:22

Hope you are having a lovely time.
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Thu 16 Jun 2016 - 14:33

Hope the weather is as good up there as it is down here!

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 15:02

Wonder how Minty's head was this morning?

Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 25000

Post by Mcqueen on Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 15:27

Same as any other morning
    zdeekie

UK Female Posts : 2136

Post by zdeekie on Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 15:30

Have a great time & don't be breaking anything x
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 38308

Post by Campbell Brodie on Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 16:24

He'll be getting eaten alive with midgies...

Helpful Links.
           [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 11:58

Adam Mint wrote:
    3rdforum wrote:By the way, if you make it from Belfast Airport to Carndonagh in 1hr 48 min, I'll personally go up there and buy you a pint!

Yip could have been done in the 1h 48m, took us 2h 15m cos Annie not the most confident at overtaking, very good roads all the way, the last eight mile or so the road got a bit twister but was of good quality and ample width, the small road that leads down to the cottage for the last mile of the trip yip that single track road down to the cottage,,, so on principal I think you should get your hand in your pocket...

So, come on ...

I drove back, car had a speed limiter on it so I set it to which ever speed applied to the section of road we were on therefore no speeding, left at 09:05, got tp airport 10:55 so 1h 50m...

Gave ourselves plenty of time should we have got delayed for any reason, flight was meant to be 14:10 but it's coming up as delayed till 14:45 at the moment...
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 12:09

Good going! I'll buy you a pint next time I see you!

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 14:24

Adam Mint wrote:
    Adam Mint wrote:

So, come on ...

I drove back, car had a speed limiter on it so I set it to which ever speed applied to the section of road we were on therefore no speeding, left at 09:05, got tp airport 10:55 so 1h 50m...

Gave ourselves plenty of time should we have got delayed for any reason, flight was meant to be 14:10 but it's coming up as delayed till 14:45 at the moment...

Delayed to 15:10 now,,, could have had another hour in bed...

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 14:35

15:30. now,,, Argnhhhhhhh

Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 25000

Post by Mcqueen on Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 15:47

Immigrants get in faster
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 19:00

Plane eventually moved away from the terminal building at 16:00...

Angry3 Angry3 Angry3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 23:46