Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

The Knowledge

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 21653

The Knowledge Empty The Knowledge

Post by Adam Mint on Fri 11 Dec 2015 - 10:45

BBC News

Knowledge my arse, two taxi rides when we were last down in London for Annie's birthday complete cock ups, first one we've been out sightseeing, Annie's feet are giving up so therefore my ears are hurting, I know we ain't far from the hotel, I hale a cab, say Travellodge Euston station, drivers nipping in and out of side streets etc where as if we'd kept walking hotel was more or less straight up the road we were on, I think possibly these side streets cut out heavy traffic so therefore quicker,,, No, we end up at the Holiday Inn Euston nowhere near our hotel, I say to the driver I sad the Travellodge, he said I know you did I've got it wrong, meter off we head to correct hotel...

When we'd  been on walkabout we passed a resturant that looked good, I say we'll eat there tonight, so later we leave the hotel, I hale a cab, resturant wasn't far but Annie had fu#k me shoes on not walking shoes and my ears were just recovering from earlier in the day, I say to driver the name of the resturant, he don't know it, I say you go up to the first set of lights turn right, down that road (I didn't know name of it) to just before the underpass and the restaurant is on the righthand side of the road,,, off we set, comes up to traffic lights, you can't turn right so driver says he'll have to go straight on and work his way back on to the main road, ok fair enough,,, next thing were zig zagging up and down side streets eventually we come out on to a main road, I don't recognise it, we drive a bit, I say somethings wrong, the resturant ain't this far from the hotel, I explain route from hotel again as if we had been walking  emphasising on the underpass as it was a major structure/junction, driver seems to catch on to where I'm talking about, again up and down various side streets we eventually get there...

So knowledge my arse, give them a sat nav and be done with it...

The Knowledge 16779677 The Knowledge 16779677 The Knowledge 16779677

And to top it meal was shite, wrote a letter of complaint to company who own the chain, got vouchers for a meal in their Manchester resturant, Annie used them to take me for my birthday meal (mmmm, me thinks I got zwizzed there somehow), anyway at least meal was to standard expected...
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 50736

The Knowledge Empty Re: The Knowledge

Post by Campbell Brodie on Fri 11 Dec 2015 - 11:00

Sort of a result then! The Knowledge 3025408739

Helpful Links.
          Tenerife living guide. | FAQ | Forum Help |

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Fri 11 Dec 2015 - 11:04

Yip, Annie 1, Muggins 0...

The Knowledge 1498946960
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 50736

Post by Campbell Brodie on Fri 11 Dec 2015 - 11:06

Don't really see the point of the "Knowledge" nowadays, what with sat-navs and GPS systems etc. The Knowledge 1498946960

Helpful Links.
          Tenerife living guide. | FAQ | Forum Help |

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Fri 11 Dec 2015 - 11:14

We hired Boris Bikes when down in London, set sat nav on phone to take us to Buckingham Palace, sat nav said 20m and that was walking, took us near enough a hour,,, all over the place we were, due to high buildings phone reception kept cutting out, so you'd be cycling along a road, next instruction you get is turn right, but you've already passed three or four streets where you should have turned right,,, saw a lot more of London than we intended to that day....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 7 Dec 2019 - 17:11