Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

Disastrous week in Tenerife.......

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13703

Disastrous week in Tenerife....... Empty Disastrous week in Tenerife.......

Post by Perfectspecimen on Thu 26 Nov 2015 - 19:49

Get to my apartment on first day and key wont go in lock. Off to reception,,,,,,, 12 apartments have been reposessed by bank Sir including yours.  Disastrous week in Tenerife....... 2419626307  Errr, I dont have a mortgage on it....... Off he goes to see head bod, he tells me there has been a mistake and gives me the keys to a different apartment. Day after day always a new excuse for not giving me the keys to apartment and eventually I get to see administrator. He informs me my apartment has been refurbished and let out, the rats, pigeons and roaches have been killed, never seen any in 13 years, you will be very happy when you see it Sir. Turns out I have to sign an agreement to let them keep it for 4 years because I owe 2 years community charge. Well I was going to do that anyway whilst I was out there. Also they have disposed of all my property including my clothes, tools, well, everything. While I was talking Freddie noticed a key with my number on it so he 'borrowed' it and informed me it looks like a new apartment. Some partial truth then. Of course their behaviour is totally illegal but what can I do ffs? Oh, nearly forgot to name and shame. Green Park, Golf del Sur. Got to make dinner now, more later.

Adventure before dementia!!! Disastrous week in Tenerife....... 294053457
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 28723

Disastrous week in Tenerife....... Empty Re: Disastrous week in Tenerife.......

Post by Mcqueen on Thu 26 Nov 2015 - 19:57

Illegal action on there part, you want key to YOUR apartment, then seek compensation for all the new clothes and tools you had in it, start by you not paying the fee's you owe, Go get them vince, cheeky bleeders
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 21872

Post by 3rdforum on Thu 26 Nov 2015 - 20:31

the nerve of the kents!

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 28723

Post by Mcqueen on Thu 26 Nov 2015 - 20:34

must be worth 15k€, new kitchen, bathroom, patio doors, decorating, tiles, Result i think, see if they want to buy it
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21257

Post by Topdog on Thu 26 Nov 2015 - 23:19

and the car
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 21575

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 26 Nov 2015 - 23:29

Who holds the title deeds (can't remember Spanish name for them), surely if in your name, turn up, ask for key, they refuse, get plod...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Fri 27 Nov 2015 - 14:22

The papers were one of the things they did keep so I have brought them back to England now. All I had left was a blanket box with a nearly empty can of paint, a box of screws, some broken tools, a cool box and a small tele with no remote control.  Disastrous week in Tenerife....... 1498946960
    Another disaster was the hire car. I went to put fuel in it at Adeje and the cap wouldnt unlock. Second time this as happened with me. The last time I just drove it back to TFS and they just gave me another car. Computer thingy said I had 65km of fuel so no probs. Drove it back to GDS and then went to take it back following morning. It said 35km left so off I goes, fecker stopped on TF1 half a mile from Airport junction. Ends up on the back of a breakdown truck within 5 minutes so I get bus down to airport and go in office. Expect to see car there but no, its in the feckin pound! Now they are blaming me for this saying I should have rung them from the garage but I had no phone with me because I had no glasses to see the fecking numbers with and Freds network didnt work in Tenerife. They refused to give me another car and suggested I get a cab to the pound and get it back. Yeah?
    How the feck am I going to drive it with no petrol and no way of unlocking the cap? FFS!  Disastrous week in Tenerife....... 1498946960

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 50350

Post by Campbell Brodie on Fri 27 Nov 2015 - 15:19

You get what you pay for... Disastrous week in Tenerife....... 3025408739 Disastrous week in Tenerife....... 3025408739

Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Fri 27 Nov 2015 - 15:24

Auto Reisen........ Citroen C3, not as economical as you might think then. Maybe Citroen borrowed some software from VW. Or some fecker has dented the bottom of the tank running over rocks........

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Fri 27 Nov 2015 - 15:28

Auti-reisen? Surprised at them. I thought you rented from "Wrecks 'R Us". lol!

Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 21872

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 27 Nov 2015 - 19:53

the fuckers!

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 18:37

Keeping a close eye on credit card of course........ Third disaster was Freddie left 10 packs of tobacco and some documents on the bus the night before we left. When I got home I rang Titsa just on the off chance. Bugger me the driver put them in lost property.  Disastrous week in Tenerife....... 2419626307 Kev has kindly collected them now so all is well on that one........

Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21257

Post by Topdog on Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 23:34

Disastrous week in Tenerife....... 2419626307 Tobacco and papers....ooops bag I collected was some underwear and a battery operated thing, plus a lilo shaped like a woman, had your name on it.

Last edited by Topdog on Thu 3 Dec 2015 - 9:17; edited 1 time in total
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Wed 2 Dec 2015 - 23:57

We didn't have a disastrous time, but today just finished keeping a few people in a job by stating my case:-

No 1...

Transfers

To:- On The Beach

I write to you reference our recent holiday which we booked hotel and transfers through yourselves, hotel, excellent no complaints, transfers, nightmare hence letter. We travel regular to Tenerife, we normally use local taxies to transfer airport to accomidation, but this was a last minute break and we were trying to do it as cheap as possible so we opted for your transfer service, a factor in making this decision was the "no more than thirty minute wait and maximum four drops" stated on your booking form...

Outward:- Arrive at transfer company's desk at airport, directed to stand in a corner of the airport where others were already waiting, after a period of time people start going up to the desk asking what's happening, myself included, only to be told soon, then one lad returns from enquiring, he's been told were waiting for another flight to land... Eventually we're lead out to a bus, good we think, we're off, no, we all get on board and sit there as more people arrive in dribs and drabs, eventually the bus sets off, I did not note the time exactly but our wait was well in excess of the thirty minutes stated... Then we pull in to Golf De Sur, three drops there, then Los Cristianos one drop, then on to PDLA our destination, another drop, then eventually us, we were the sixth drop, so so much for a maximum of four drops, plus the bus was still half full, two and a half hours of our holiday gone for what would have been a fifteen minute taxi ride...

Return:-   Couple of days before our departure a letter is left in our room giving return transfer data, 24/11/15 at 11:30, carrier Autocares Jose Luis Lopez, I think that's ok we must be one of the last pickups as our flight time  is 14:30 with the gate closing at 13:45 so we're not being given much time to go running around doing pick ups here there and everywhere, oh, the letter also stated in bold print, "PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE READY AT LEAST TEN MINUTES BEFORE YOUR GIVEN PICK UP TIME",  which we were, we were waiting outside the hotel from 11:15... 11:30 comes and a couple minutes later a bus arrives bearing the name Autocares Jose Luis Lopez, I approach the driver with our paperwork, he says "no", a couple we had got speaking to approach the driver showing there paperwork, he also says "no" to them, they point out the bus number on their paperwork is the same as the one on the front of the bus, he still says "no", note there was no bus number on our paperwork, the other couple double check the number on the front of the bus and it is the bus their paperwork says they should be on, they approach the driver again pointing this out, he abruptly tells/gestures to them to get on, I approach the driver again with our paperwork, he still says "no", that bus disappears with us wondering should  we be on it, we wait until 11:50, that's us been there over half a hour, with my concerns of should we have been on that bus, plus no other bus has turned up, plus time is ticking away, I hale a cab...

I don't know if the bus we were refused access to was our bus or if there was another one to follow, but we waited thirty minutes from the time we were told to be at the pickup point therefore fulfilled our end of the contract...

We arrive at the checkout desks 12:10, just as well it took over a hour to get checked in, we then have a short queue for security, I'm pulled at security for a search, my hand luggage is also searched, with both myself and my belongings being swabbed for explosives, I'm not complaining about this, I'm all for security but time was ticking away,  security cleared we would normally have a relaxing drink and a look round the duty free shop but all we had time to do was purchase some food and drink for the flight then straight on to the plane, we had ten minutes to spare until they closed the gate...

I ask for the inconvenience caused, and the fact neither our outward or return transfers met with the terms we initially booked them under, you refund our initial costs, plus additional costs of the taxi, the taxi costs being 22€ (not including tip 3€), I have a recipe, AUTO-TAXI  Recibo  No 085831 should this be required...

Yours sincerely
    Xxxxxx Xxxxxx

No 2...

Damaged Luggage                                                                                                                                  

To:- Thompson Airlines

I write reference damaged luggage claim ref:-

MANBY1XXX3/24NOV15/2006GMT

The above claim number was given to me by staff at the damaged luggage desk at Manchester airport terminal two, I had just returned on your flight No TOM2203 on the 24 November  2015 from Tenerife.

My case appeared on the luggage carousel badly damage, the main structure of the case completely distorted, the telescopic pull out handle in the out position and bent, plus one wheel bent 45 degrees out of position, I immediately went to the damage desk, without question the lady there offered to replace the case showing me a catalogue of cases, unfortunately my case was not shown  in the catalogue, I explained to the lady that I wanted the the same case as it was a lightweight "it" case only weighing about two kilograms therefore it did not eat in to your luggage allowance, the lady explained to do that I would have to write to you direct, hence this letter.

The case in question is a black "it luggage " measuring 24x43x69cm  with a 63 litre capacity, I purchased the case earlier this's year the cost being a few pence under £40.

I don't know if it is your policy to replace the case or refund monies but will be happy with either to resolve the issue.

--------

So, that apartment I've booked March better be up to scratch..............

Disastrous week in Tenerife....... 506932706 Disastrous week in Tenerife....... 506932706 Disastrous week in Tenerife....... 506932706
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Thu 3 Dec 2015 - 9:40

Angry3 Moaning old git! Disastrous week in Tenerife....... 3025408739

Helpful Links.

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 3 Dec 2015 - 13:41

Oi, less of the old...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Nov 2019 - 18:03