Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

How do I link a website directly??

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22147

How do I link a website directly?? Empty How do I link a website directly??

Post by 3rdforum on Wed 14 Oct 2015 - 20:00

Cam or Gypsy or Reg. I want to link a website directly into a post i.e. rather than posting a link, I would like the homepage of the website to appear in the thread ( something similar to the way a Youtube video shows up ). Is this possible? I've been messing around in the admin panel but I'm afraid I will feck things up altogether if I meddle too much.

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12665

How do I link a website directly?? Empty Re: How do I link a website directly??

Post by Gypsy on Wed 14 Oct 2015 - 23:03

Not sure what you mean D, 

Is it this you want [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   rather than [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The first should update automatically when a new post is made, while the second link will stay with the article you posted to.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22147

Post by 3rdforum on Thu 15 Oct 2015 - 11:04

No, you knbow the way if we post a youtube video, a smaller window with the actual picture of the video and a "play" button will appear in the post. Is there any way of linking a website in such a way that a picture of the e.g. the home page will appear rather than the existing way of a url link appearing?

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 21900

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 15 Oct 2015 - 15:09

Once I work out why I keep getting logged out I'll have a look at it...
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 52333

Post by Campbell Brodie on Thu 15 Oct 2015 - 17:45

No, all we can do is "host an image", "insert an image", "insert a link" and "insert a youtube video".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 29123

Post by Mcqueen on Thu 15 Oct 2015 - 18:21

Yeh How do I link a website directly?? 1483819851
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12665

Post by Gypsy on Thu 15 Oct 2015 - 18:43

How does Cam put signatures on - they are images going to a website is that something that can be copied and adapted in a post?
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 52333

Post by Campbell Brodie on Thu 15 Oct 2015 - 19:51

Yes, but they are still links which have to be clicked on before the page opens Gypsy. How do I link a website directly?? 3561243520 (plus, they can only be inserted as signatures and would then show up on every post you made.)

Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 25 Feb 2020 - 9:54