Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

Hello

Hayzer

UK Male Posts : 114

Hello

Post by Hayzer on Sat 10 Oct 2015 - 8:55

hello
    I haven't been on here for a while but as we are considering a couple of weeks in Tenerife in January I thought I would pop in for some advice. 

I can bet flights direct from Aberdeen to Tenerife on Jan 9th to 23rd for £152 so I am tempted to book those. I have had a look at lots of accommodation options but can't quite find what we want (being very fussy). Our ideal would be a villa with a decent level of privacy and a pool which is not too far from the action. Our problem is that to get a villa we like it is either prohibitively expensive for the two of us or too isolated. I have never stayed in an apartment complex with as shared pool but think it may lack the level of peace and quiet/privacy we are looking for. I would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations for rental properties.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 19546

Re: Hello

Post by 3rdforum on Sat 10 Oct 2015 - 9:41

We always rent apartments privately, and to date, we have found the pools to be quiet and relaxed. There are no 18-30 raves going on, maybe just a few families enjoying the pool. The last 2 times, most days, my kids had the pool to themselves (not the same complex two years running). Whereabouts are you thinking of staying?

Hayzer

Post by Hayzer on Sat 10 Oct 2015 - 11:55

Hi Dermo.

Looking at staying in the Costa Adeje area. Some of the apartments with shared pools we have seen look a bit cramped in and have a lot of loungers round a huge pool. I know in January the average age of people on holiday is a bit higher so not so much chance of kids but it would annoy me if I had an apartment next to a the family from hell.

Didn't you go to Golf Del Sur, how did you find it, enough going on to keep you occupied?

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Sat 10 Oct 2015 - 18:42

The Golf is fine though a bit on the quiet side. We are going up to Puerto Santiago/Los Gigantes next time. Its 4 villages rolled into one and while Los Gig is very British, it becomes more and more cosmopolitan as you go through P.Santiago, Playa de La Arena and Varadero. The views to the cliffs  ( 2000 ft high) and the sunsets over La Gomera are stunning. There are no 18-30 groups but a good number of bars with entertainment ( or not whichever you prefer ) some very good restaurants and a few absolutely top class ones. The place is hilly but there is a lovely marine walk that takes you from the Barcelo Santiago hotel ( great hotel) to the best local restaurants in the area.

Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13225

Post by Perfectspecimen on Sat 10 Oct 2015 - 18:47

Ignore that, hes our resident troll.    You cant hear the planes unless you are outside, its not always windy and its as quiet or as busy as any other resort.

Adventure before dementia!!!
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 24456

Post by Mcqueen on Sat 10 Oct 2015 - 19:31

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Sat 10 Oct 2015 - 19:39

Seriously Paul, you need to realise that what residents expect and what tourists want are two entirely different things.

Hayzer

Post by Hayzer on Sun 11 Oct 2015 - 0:24

Redacted By Author

Is that forum speak for I posted some inappropriate comments and i now see I look like a tw*t so have deleted them 

Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 37270

Post by Campbell Brodie on Sun 11 Oct 2015 - 8:30

Good word "redacted"...I'm going to write that down!

Helpful Links.
           [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Topdog

England Male Posts : 21216

Post by Topdog on Sun 11 Oct 2015 - 15:32

Hayzer, there are some very nice small apartments and Villas. Obviously places like PS3 are very busy poolside but if you go North of motorway to perhaps one of the Diamond resort ones you will find nice and quiet.Go on Facebook and just ask on Tenerife visitors and residents page

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 15:11