Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

WTF is going on...

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 21821

WTF is going on... Empty WTF is going on...

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 7 May 2015 - 10:48

Yesterday afternoon about two o'clock, house is silent, then "Bang", TV comes on all on its own, and when it initially comes on volume is set pretty loud, I wasn't even in same room as the TV so didn't bump the remote by accident...

Then this morning about six thirty same fecking thing, were in bed asleep, or were asleep would be a better way to put it,,, WTF is going on...
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22093

WTF is going on... Empty Re: WTF is going on...

Post by 3rdforum on Thu 7 May 2015 - 12:36

Ghost of William Wallace haunting you ?? WTF is going on... 2839888827

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12665

Post by Gypsy on Thu 7 May 2015 - 12:43

We can tell if there has been a blip in our power supply when we switch the telly on because the volume is as high as it can go.  It doesn´t switch itself on though.   

However between 10.00 and 10.30 EVERY NIGHT, a message comes up and says switching off in 30 seconds.  WTF is that all about does it think we should be going to bed  WTF is going on... 3275847336
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 7 May 2015 - 13:46

3rdforum wrote:Ghost of William Wallace haunting you ?? WTF is going on... 2839888827

William Wallace was in my class at school, then when I was about twentytwo I worked with a guy called Raymond Wallace, on a works night out where it was bring a mate if you want to increase numbers, Raymond brought his brother along, William, yip turns out to be the one I had been at school with, so we had a bit of a catch up, William wasn't the brightest, didn't even know there was a monument thing to him out near Stirling...

Some years later the William one broke my big toe, turned out he was in to karate, his brother Raymond had just joined the club and had been asking around at work if any of us wanted to join, after meeting up with William I decided to give it a go, done it for a few years, one day I'm picked to fight William, he was good, went on to fight for Scotland (mmmm, something a bit familliar there), so I know I'll probably come off second best, he's forcing me back against a wall with barrage of punches and kicks, I'm having to defend heavily to stop getting hurt, I see my chance to get a kick in at his ribs, I go for it, but being so close to the wall the top half of my body came in contact with the wall preventing me getting my foot high enough to get him in the ribs, caught him right on the pelvis, broke my own fecking big toe...

Freedom my arse..........

Last edited by Adam Mint on Thu 7 May 2015 - 14:15; edited 2 times in total
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 7 May 2015 - 14:08

Bit of a funny story about William, as I said he went on to fight for Scotland,  I recall the first time he was picked, match was in London, first night back at the club we're desperate to hear how he got on (well before mobile phones this was), in he walks, face like a pound of mince...

At the start of a fight procedure we were used to was, face your opponent, bow down, come up from bow, take a step back in to a fighting stance, then start fighting...

What happened in London,,, they face each other, bow down, come up from bow, Williams opponent twats him in the face, William turns to the ref to ask what's going on, his opponent twats the other side of his face,,, fight over...

Turns out the fight starts the second you come up from the bow,,, lesson for us all that was, especially William...

WTF is going on... 2485877773 WTF is going on... 2485877773 WTF is going on... 2485877773
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 7 May 2015 - 14:42

Gypsy wrote:We can tell if there has been a blip in our power supply when we switch the telly on because the volume is as high as it can go.  It doesn´t switch itself on though.   

However between 10.00 and 10.30 EVERY NIGHT, a message comes up and says switching off in 30 seconds.  WTF is that all about does it think we should be going to bed  WTF is going on... 3275847336

TV is through a Sky box, sometimes at silly o'clock in the morning, 4am or the like a warning pops up on the telly saying Sky update about to begin, you can do nothing to stop it, TV program shuts down, can take about ten minutes, then TV starts up again...

We never switch the power off to the Sky box or TV, cos if you do it takes ages for the TV to come back on when you want it to. I suspect the Sky box normally updates itself when we're asleep cos I've never seen the update notification come up other than at silly o'clock in the morning...

But if the feckin thing wakes us up at six thirty tomorrow morning again the plug will be coming out...
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22093

Post by 3rdforum on Thu 7 May 2015 - 14:54

is there a timer option on the tele?

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 7 May 2015 - 15:03

3rdforum wrote:is there a timer option on the tele?

Good question WTF is going on... 878948377 ...

Never looked...

But it's came on at two different times, and hasn't caome on this afternoon like it did yesterday...

I will have a look and see if there is a timer....
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21257

Post by Topdog on Thu 7 May 2015 - 23:36

If it comes on at irregular intervals might hormone inbalance, had a girlfriend once who got told that by the doctor.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest on Fri 8 May 2015 - 8:58

Adam Mint wrote:
    Gypsy wrote:We can tell if there has been a blip in our power supply when we switch the telly on because the volume is as high as it can go.  It doesn´t switch itself on though.   

TV is through a Sky box, sometimes at silly o'clock in the morning, 4am or the like a warning pops up on the telly saying Sky update about to begin, you can do nothing to stop it, TV program shuts down, can take about ten minutes, then TV starts up again...

We never switch the power off to the Sky box or TV, cos if you do it takes ages for the TV to come back on when you want it to. I suspect the Sky box normally updates itself when we're asleep cos I've never seen the update notification come up other than at silly o'clock in the morning...

But if the feckin thing wakes us up at six thirty tomorrow morning again the plug will be coming out...
    there are lots and lots of SKY changs going on every night till about mid june . a energy saving part of TV´s id that if the remote is not pressed within xx mins the TV is put into standby ,that along with the standard ECO setting >(which saves power but gives you a bad picture) need to be taken off any modern TV

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 25 Jan 2020 - 1:22