Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests.

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 21862

Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 Empty Re: Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests.

Post by 3rdforum on Tue 1 Jul 2014 - 23:00

Over the infection now. Still on antibiotics. Just have to play the waiting game now for 5 more weeks.

Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21257

Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 Empty Re: Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests.

Post by Topdog on Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 0:21

CALIMA innnit
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog on Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 8:43

Morning, el scorchio
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 28703

Post by Mcqueen on Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 9:02

Morning members,  Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 1629994992
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 9815

Post by Mermaid on Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 12:03

morning all.no sun but warm

Live life to the full now or it could be too late
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 12:44

Lunch all!

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13695

Post by Perfectspecimen on Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 17:27

Good evening, I have escaped the calima. Well eventually. Now you dont HAVE to be thick to work for Yorkshire Airways (Jet2) but I certainly met some last night. The head trolley dolly was a not unattractive blonde so that should have given me a clue. Up and down shes walking, one two three, click click click. One two, click click. The little clicking noise is something she is holding in her hand so she doesnt need to really count beyond three so it should help but no, apparently one missing. We are told to have our boarding cards ready so they can check against a long print out list which takes well over half an hour. Still not resolved! Eventually over the tannoy she requests that peeps with infants should hold them on their laps, out comes the clicker again....... Resolved! Jeez, thank feck for that. Hopefully next time it happens they will start by counting the babies. By then of course the plane has missed its slot so it needs a new route? Fecking hell I know which way to go......... Eventually we took off an hour late. When we got to East Midlands the doctor was called to someone at the front so we all had to go out the back door. Probably died from old age I shouldnt wonder.  Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 3025408739

Adventure before dementia!!! Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 294053457
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 17:54

Never been on time with Jet 2  Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 3561243520
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 19:41

They are all the same, useless. No wonder there are so many Ryanair planes around.

Adventure before dementia!!! Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 294053457
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 8:26

Good morning members  Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 1629994992
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid on Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 10:52

morning all Hi

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 21570

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 14:58

Perfectspecimen wrote:Good evening, I have escaped the calima. Well eventually. Now you dont HAVE to be thick to work for Yorkshire Airways (Jet2) but I certainly met some last night. The head trolley dolly was a not unattractive blonde so that should have given me a clue. Up and down shes walking, one two three, click click click. One two, click click. The little clicking noise is something she is holding in her hand so she doesnt need to really count beyond three so it should help but no, apparently one missing. We are told to have our boarding cards ready so they can check against a long print out list which takes well over half an hour. Still not resolved! Eventually over the tannoy she requests that peeps with infants should hold them on their laps, out comes the clicker again....... Resolved! Jeez, thank feck for that. Hopefully next time it happens they will start by counting the babies. By then of course the plane has missed its slot so it needs a new route? Fecking hell I know which way to go......... Eventually we took off an hour late. When we got to East Midlands the doctor was called to someone at the front so we all had to go out the back door. Probably died from old age I shouldnt wonder.  Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 3025408739

Last year when we went to Menorca, I ain't one for standing in queues, don't get these people who want to be first on the plane, why ??? your seats allocated, the feckin plane aint gonna go without you, so chill out in the bar... Our flights called, I say leave it they'll call it again in about fifteen minutes, a good fifteen minutes pass no second call,,, one of our group goes and has a look, queue ain't moving for some reason, so another round ordered,,, bit time later I'm sent to do a recci on the situation, queues going down but very slow, I go up to front of queue and ask one of the girls at the boarding desk whats going on, she explains for training purposes they do a manual boarding check to simulate what would have to be done in the event of a computer failure,,, they're calling people's names out in alphabetical order, and people no mater where they are in the queue go forward and board as their names called out, so going by this process we would be about mid alphabet to get called,,, stuffed if I'm sitting on the plane while the call the second half, I give the girl our names and say we'll come at the end cos I aint being assed with the queuing etc, as I turn to head back to the bar I note this family at the front of the queue, mum, dad and two boys about sixteen years old, all a bit stuffy dressed for the occasion in my view...
    Anyway I head back to the bar, eventually about a hour later the queues down to the last few, we join in, we end up behind the family I mentioned, I say you've been standing at the front of the queue for ages, whats your name Wilson or something, the woman replies Warburton,,, WTF,,, why stand at the front of the queue for over a hour when you know your names going to be last to be called,,, one of the young lads just looked at me shaking his head as if to say, yip, these two muppets are our parents, were stuck with them...

But a hours delay just so they can practice what to do if the computer crashes, ain't rocket science is it...

Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 1498946960

Last edited by Adam Mint on Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 17:06; edited 1 time in total
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 50276

Post by Campbell Brodie on Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 16:58

Us "Brodies" would get on sharpish... Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 3025408739 

Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 21570

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 17:05

Wouldn't care if my name was Abdul, I'm still getting on last...
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 17:10

You get the long leg seats if you're "Abdul"... Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 3025408739 

Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 17:24

Mmm had a call centre type do a u turn right in front of me this morning,
    He thought i was going to stop,  Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 1498946960 shit his pants when i went straight in front of him,
    I never panic in a situation like that  Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 2419626307  More so in somebody elses car,
    Pete was in with me, he never said a word until we got back to base camp,
    He then said "You just dont care do you Reg,"  Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 3025408739  Nah - Botherd
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 18:43

I hate queueing for anything me, twats who cant drive and wankers in the supermarket will quickly cause my blood to boil. I notice that even though Ryanair give you allotted seats the lemmings are still standing in long lines blocking my path through departures. I dont have any choice but to sit on the plane for 4+ hours so why do peeps want to add on another half hour? Cant understand it at all. Should get rid of all the seats too, loud music, (not that modern crap) a nice cheap bar and pole dancers instead of gays trying to sell fecking scratch cards, perfume and fags and booze all of which are readily available in Tenerife so whats the point...... Come to think about it they would be better off selling stuff like shampoo, toothpaste, razors, butter, milk and all the other stuff you cant take through security. Get rid of that hold too, if you cant wear it or stuff it in a bag dont take it, that includes kids obviously  Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 294053457 , room then for some hot tubs and saunas. The flight could possibly then become the highlight of the holiday. What a marvellous thought. I might even pay a smidgin more.  Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 3025408739 
    Good evening.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 19:27

nutter... Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 3025408739 

Helpful Links.

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 19:49

Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 1498946960  Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 3025408739
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog on Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 22:58

Cracking
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 23:01

Cant understand that meself. If seats are allocated, whats the point in queuing? Asked that very same question on Trip Advisor. Some guy replied that Ryanair only guarantee to keep the hand luggage of the first 90 people in the cabin. The rest has to go in the hold apparently ( no charge but delay the far side).

searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 6876

Post by searcher on Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 0:40

One thing I have noticed about my fellow countrymen [jocks] is that they love to stand in line , if you need to find your departure gate going home it's simple just look for the biggest line and I can guarantee its a flight to Scotland, this method has never let me down no matter where we fly from  Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 1887251641
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 9:37

Good morning members.  Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. - Page 6 1629994992  Again
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid on Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 10:42

good morning all Hi

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 11:16

Morningall. Dull and drizzly here

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 14 Nov 2019 - 7:19