Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

What a helmut I am

Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

What a helmut I am  Empty What a helmut I am

Post by Daryn on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 15:01

Just been upto Newcastle airport to pick up a passenger, I got up nice and early, had some brekie got a shower, I was a bit tired after last nights shift.

So anyway got to the airport 15 minutes early and waited for my call, an hour later I was getting a bit concerned so phoned the customer up and asked if she was ok, she replied and said yes all fine thanks just sitting at a bar on the beach having a few drinks with friends, yes I was 1 week and 15 minutes early FFS   What a helmut I am  1498946960 

Better to be too early than too late I suppose  lol! 

Anyway it was a nice 35 mile round trip for nowt, cant wait to do it again next week for them  🤣

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22103

What a helmut I am  Empty Re: What a helmut I am

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 17:06

What a helmut I am  2485877773  What a helmut I am  2485877773

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22103

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 17:10

My brothers best man did that. Turned up all dressed in a tux a week early. No other fecker in sight!  What a helmut I am  3025408739  What a helmut I am  3025408739

Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 9943

Post by Mermaid on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 17:25

Daryn wrote:Just been upto Newcastle airport to pick up a passenger, I got up nice and early, had some brekie got a shower, I was a bit tired after last nights shift.

So anyway got to the airport 15 minutes early and waited for my call, an hour later I was getting a bit concerned so phoned the customer up and asked if she was ok, she replied and said yes all fine thanks just sitting at a bar on the beach having a few drinks with friends, yes I was 1 week and 15 minutes early FFS   What a helmut I am  1498946960 

Better to be too early than too late I suppose  lol! 

Anyway it was a nice 35 mile round trip for nowt, cant wait to do it again next week for them  🤣
     What a helmut I am  2485877773 oh sorry Daryn this is funny.

Live life to the full now or it could be too late
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21257

Post by Topdog on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 17:59

Is it today I pick Reg up, oh shit better go
    Daryn
    Daryn

Post by Daryn on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 20:38

What a helmut I am  2761542443 honestly I was fuming at the time  What a helmut I am  1293740352 but finding it funny now, serves myself right, I was taking the mick out of my customers daughter last week as she went to see Derrin Brown on Saturday in newcastle but it was on Friday hahahaha Karma hahaha

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog on Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 21:55

What day is it
    Daryn
    Daryn

Post by Daryn on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 13:04

errrrrrrrr errrrrrrrrrrrr dont know lol.

Hope I dont get the day wrong for my flight over to Tenerife hehehe

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 21838

Post by Adam Mint on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 14:48

Bunch of lads from the local went to mainland  Spain about a year ago, one of the guys  Graham who's a bit of a dot the I's and stroke the T's type was left to sort out the flights, accommodation etc, he'd booked a mini bus to take them from the airport to their hotel, they get to airport, no mini bus, Graham's on the phone giving them shit, he's asked do you have your booking conformation, yip he says, person asks him what dates on it, muppet had booked it for the following week...

Bit closer to home, had booked a taxi transfer from airport to PDLA for last night £18, planes half an hour late, there's no taxi for us, phone the company, no answer, end up forking out an others €22,,, sent them an e-mail but no reply as yet, got a feeling I ain't going to see my eighteen quid again....

Plane set off on time got to the end of the runway, then we set off on a drive around the perimeter of the airport, pilot then announces there something loose in the hold, so back to the terminal it was to get it sorted out...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13794

Post by Perfectspecimen on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 15:59

Silly boy, Topdog would have picked you up, he loves driving about as hes quite new to it. Also, those big green buses go there all day and all night. You have just been ripped off and only been on the Island 5 minutes.  What a helmut I am  1498946960  Good luck.

Adventure before dementia!!! What a helmut I am  294053457
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 17:29

Something loose in the hold, with a detonator.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 19:34

Could only be a cargo bin to cause a problem, saw a video of a 747 crashing just after take off a while back, bins all slid aft, wings lost lift, whooooops! Wouldnt be a stowaway on an outgoing flight either would it?  What a helmut I am  3025408739

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 20:18

Perfectspecimen wrote:Silly boy, Topdog would have picked you up, he loves driving about as hes quite new to it. Also, those big green buses go there all day and all night. You have just been ripped off and only been on the Island 5 minutes.  What a helmut I am  1498946960  Good luck.

Have used busses in the past. yip cheep and good but just wanted to get to the hotel as quick as p0ssible, intend to use the bus on the way back
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Sun 15 Jun 2014 - 12:56

Watch out for the bendy buses, the ones for disabled with hardly any seats, the drivers like a laugh. Got on one, took two steps inside and the driver whizzed off. I ended up in the back section and just managed to grab a pole. Hmmm, wife must have upset him, or maybe he just dont like drunken Englishmen.  What a helmut I am  16779677

Daryn
    Daryn

Post by Daryn on Sun 15 Jun 2014 - 17:19

bar stewards ripping you off like that ,I couldnt sleep at night doing that to a customer unless they were a reet twat like a fare I had last night GRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

€22 to PDLA thats a handy tip

Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog on Sun 15 Jun 2014 - 22:51

Or a Yorkie from Leeds they will leave big tips in a purse
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Mon 16 Jun 2014 - 11:43

Daryn wrote:bar stewards ripping you off like that ,I couldnt sleep at night doing that to a customer unless they were a reet twat like a fare I had last night GRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Just have €25 in your sweaty mit Daryn and dont part with more. There are meters in the cabs but they often dont use them. Its roughly 1€ per kilometre and at 130kph on the motorway it can clock up pretty quick.  What a helmut I am  2419626307  There is also a surcharge for picking up at airport or going, think its about €1.65. There is also a €1 surcharge on the bus, eg to GDS it costs €2.25 with the bono card and I think €2.85 to PDLA. €15 bono cards can be bought in the airport somewhere but not sure exactly where, I always get mine in shops or at Los Cris bus stop. You can get 111 bus or 450 but they take slightly different routes through the town so check their website TITSA.COM to see if a stop is near your hotel remembering there are some big hills about to take into consideration. All luggage must be put in the lockers along the sides of the bus, sit where you can see if somebody accidentally or otherwise grabs yours at a bus stop! And of course always keep your wonga and passport SAFELY about your person, pickpockets do it for a living, they are very good, except the pair who failed to get mine even though I was drunk.  What a helmut I am  294053457  Its not that common though, its only happened to me once in 12 years but you do hear tales of woe. Just dont make yourself a target, or be like Reg and leave thousands on a cab seat.  What a helmut I am  2472758156   What a helmut I am  3025408739

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Mon 16 Jun 2014 - 15:20

Adam Mint wrote:Bunch of lads from the local went to mainland  Spain about a year ago, one of the guys  Graham who's a bit of a dot the I's and stroke the T's type was left to sort out the flights, accommodation etc, he'd booked a mini bus to take them from the airport to their hotel, they get to airport, no mini bus, Graham's on the phone giving them shit, he's asked do you have your booking conformation, yip he says, person asks him what dates on it, muppet had booked it for the following week...

Bit closer to home, had booked a taxi transfer from airport to PDLA for last night £18, planes half an hour late, there's no taxi for us, phone the company, no answer, end up forking out an others €22,,, sent them an e-mail but no reply as yet, got a feeling I ain't going to see my eighteen quid again....

Plane set off on time got to the end of the runway, then we set off on a drive around the perimeter of the airport, pilot then announces there something loose in the hold, so back to the terminal it was to get it sorted out...

Got a reply from the taxi company, reads as follows:-

"The reason there was no taxi there to meet you was because you booked for Friday 13th June 2015"...

Oops...  

What a helmut I am  755705644 

And I'm getting a refund...

And before you say anything Mcqueen:-

a. Check your e-mails re apartment dates,,, (nice attempt at a wind-up)...
    &
    b. Complex gate code, I still have the text you sent me, a bit Eric Morecambe that one, all the right numbers but necessarily in the right order...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Mon 16 Jun 2014 - 17:02

Codes, pin numbers, can be very complex indeed. I always say 1234 as I'm putting in my PIN number, buggers up the too nosey and often generates a laugh.  What a helmut I am  3025408739 

2015? Didnt know you could book that far in advance? Think that might be their get out excuse, still, they gave your money back. Enough there to get pissed TWICE on the Funchal Strip. Went in the Buccaneer last week just to see if they remembered I'm barred, they didnt......... Every bar buzzing though with peeps watching Rugby and horse racing fans/punters. The ex Heritage was empty so didnt bother with that one. Then I got a bus to Lazydayz, 3 hours there, then back to Sundowners on the Golf, watched the late friendly with Honduras before flaking out. Its a life.....   What a helmut I am  1460810463

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Mon 16 Jun 2014 - 18:25

No, checked the taxi thing I had to print out, deffo 2015 on it,,, lets just put it down to a computer error...........

What a helmut I am  206331103 
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 29003

Post by Mcqueen on Tue 17 Jun 2014 - 14:48

I'm always right, the end  What a helmut I am  1483819851  ----- What a helmut I am  3025408739
    Daryn
    Daryn

Post by Daryn on Wed 18 Jun 2014 - 11:47

Perfectspecimen wrote:
    Daryn wrote:bar stewards ripping you off like that ,I couldnt sleep at night doing that to a customer unless they were a reet twat like a fare I had last night GRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Just have €25 in your sweaty mit Daryn and dont part with more. There are meters in the cabs but they often dont use them. Its roughly 1€ per kilometre and at 130kph on the motorway it can clock up pretty quick.  What a helmut I am  2419626307  There is also a surcharge for picking up at airport or going, think its about €1.65. There is also a €1 surcharge on the bus, eg to GDS it costs €2.25 with the bono card and I think €2.85 to PDLA. €15 bono cards can be bought in the airport somewhere but not sure exactly where, I always get mine in shops or at Los Cris bus stop. You can get 111 bus or 450 but they take slightly different routes through the town so check their website TITSA.COM to see if a stop is near your hotel remembering there are some big hills about to take into consideration. All luggage must be put in the lockers along the sides of the bus, sit where you can see if somebody accidentally or otherwise grabs yours at a bus stop! And of course always keep your wonga and passport SAFELY about your person, pickpockets do it for a living, they are very good, except the pair who failed to get mine even though I was drunk.  What a helmut I am  294053457  Its not that common though, its only happened to me once in 12 years but you do hear tales of woe. Just dont make yourself a target, or be like Reg and leave thousands on a cab seat.  What a helmut I am  2472758156   What a helmut I am  3025408739

Dont think Ill be playing around with a bus, jump in a car and straight there so €25 euro would be the most to pay for three of us plus luggage, alot cheaper than a taxi from Palma to Magaluf.

Do you ask the driver the cost first ?
    Its something I normally do

Thats a great tip, 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 29 Jan 2020 - 4:22