Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

Nice ebook reader - or free!

pat4fun
    pat4fun

UK Male Posts : 46

Nice ebook reader - or free! Empty Nice ebook reader - or free!

Post by pat4fun on Sat 5 Apr 2014 - 18:31

If you are into ebooks - or think you might be - then take a look at this site:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

calibre is free - they do ask for a donation but that's up to you - and installs nicely on your PC / tablet / etc.  It does lots of stuff like turn word docs into popular ebook formats (inc kindle and nook) but more importantly for the reader it has a single library that you can load all types of ebook in and an inbuilt reader that lets you read the books on your PC etc - with page turning, notes, bookmarks etc.  If that's all you did with it then that's fine - just ignore all the conversion stuff.

I'm interested to let me send folks a trial version of an ebook and know they can read it in a nicer format / mode than a pdf or worse still a word document.

Seems to load easily and doesn't - as far s I can tell - add all sorts of stuff you didn't ask for!

Take a look!

Pat

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22262

Nice ebook reader - or free! Empty Re: Nice ebook reader - or free!

Post by 3rdforum on Sat 5 Apr 2014 - 18:49

Thaks Pat, I'll have a look at that, though I'm very happy with Kindle.

Current date/time is Sun 5 Apr 2020 - 15:46