Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

Wasps!

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 53141

Wasps! Empty Wasps!

Post by Campbell Brodie on Sat 1 Mar 2014 - 7:49

We had Macie last week and she likes to stand on the toilet seat so she can reach the sink taps and generally make a mess, when a big wasp appeared and landed on the window blind! I caught it in a cup and threw it outside, I'd hate to see her get stung! She told her mummy when she went home..."Mummy, grandad caught a wops and threw it outside!"  Wasps! 3025408739 
    Anyone else seen a wasp yet? Wasps! 3275847336

Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 29281

Wasps! Empty Re: Wasps!

Post by Mcqueen on Sat 1 Mar 2014 - 9:25

Nah we dont get wasps round here, We get big vultures and golden eagles and stuff like that  Wasps! 1483819851 
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22245

Post by 3rdforum on Sat 1 Mar 2014 - 12:16

Yeah I was clearing out the shed a few weeks ago. Opened up the patio parasol and 3 big feckers fell/flew out. Think they were Queens.

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12665

Post by Gypsy on Sat 1 Mar 2014 - 13:02

3rdforum wrote:Yeah I was clearing out the shed a few weeks ago. Opened up the patio parasol and 3 big feckers fell/flew out. Think they were Queens.

I object to that comment, I haven't been anywhere near your garden shed.  Wasps! 506932706 
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22245

Post by 3rdforum on Sat 1 Mar 2014 - 15:02

Wasps! 3025408739  Wasps! 3025408739

searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7052

Post by searcher on Sat 1 Mar 2014 - 16:45

LAST WEEK WHEN WE WERE IN "Pasta Y Vino the place was full of wops  Wasps! 1554180325
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 21996

Post by Adam Mint on Sun 2 Mar 2014 - 10:58

Wasps, can recall posting this story before but think it was on another forum...
    Was down in my mates garage helping work on his motor bike, this was a regular thing as we both raced them, one day I notice wasps coming in and out the waffle type air ventilation brick in the garage wall, looking closer I notice a small round ball shaped thing about the size of a golf ball attached to one corner of the air brick, it was a small wasps nest, I point this out to my mate saying you want to get rid of it, no he says, it don't bother me, it's been interesting watching them build it... Well a few weeks later I'm back in his garage, the wasps nest is now a bit bigger than a tennis ball in size and the wasps are becoming a bit of a nuisance buzzing around us as we work on the bike, I say to him that I had just read a thing on the paper that if you contact the council they will remove wasps nests free of charge as its dangerous to attempt to do it yourself, but is my mate listening, no,,, armed with a tin of WD40 he approaches the nest, inserts the red tube bit in to the entrance hole of the nests and squirts away until WD40 is pouring out of it,,, did it kill the little feckers, no,,, just seemed to lubricate their wings so the could fu#king fly faster, they were going mental,,, we had to vacate the garage,,, Wasps 1 - Mate 0...
    I reminded my mate  of the counsels free offer to remove nests, I'm back in his garage a week or so later, the nests gone, I ask did he take up the councils offer, no,, it had become personal, my mate versus the wasps,,, on the night of the first defeat under the cover of darkness once the enemy had bedded down for the night he approached the nest knife in hand and in one swift move sliced the nest from the wall catching it in a plastic bag,,, I ask what he did with it expecting the answer to be drowning or some other cruel fate, but no, he had compassion for his enemy (idiot), he took the bag to a small clump of trees about a hundred yards from his house, tipped the nest out of the bag and did a runner...
    End of story, no,,, next day wasps are flying in and out the air vent going mental looking for their nest, so he blocks up the the air vent, end of story, no,,, they still hung around his garage for weeks flying in and out anyway they could looking for the nest...
    Lesson learnt, no,, you may recall I was up in Scotland the back end of last year, we were staying at my mates, we end up in his garage looking at his bikes, I see the air vent still blocked up and mention the wasp incident, he points to the rafters, there's a wasps nest the size of a cricket ball, I say you not gonna get rid, answer, I find it interesting.......................................

Wasps! 1498946960
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 29281

Post by Mcqueen on Sun 2 Mar 2014 - 12:46

Wasps! 3025408739  Easy start and a match  Wasps! 506932706 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 2 Apr 2020 - 4:57