Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

Beer mugs collection

rohitkumar
    rohitkumar

England Male Posts : 91

Beer mugs collection Empty Beer mugs collection

Post by rohitkumar on Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 7:19

Hi Mates,

I have started this thread for the all beer lovers. As a student I started beer glass collection, I use to borrow beer glasses from the hostelries and nearby stores. Today I counted them and it counts 400 mugs and 100 glasses, it was something that lots of people at college did. My collection is gathering dust in the garage now but the other day I was doing something in there and I saw some of them. It brought back some good memories and the funny thing is, I could virtually remember where every glass came from. I remember most of them I have bought from online stores. I am sharing some of old and new glasses from my collection. Two beer glasses I have bought last week from online stores. You can see my collection here:

Beer mugs collection Fa3baf5bd20fb842_Beer_glass_pairing_quiz.preview       Beer mugs collection Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf0vPBYKQjU6w7XAzmqvQkTlK9pqYv1yhEhcOetE2wU8pouxvKcg    Beer mugs collection Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTayvuIvZh2hnQqppboF6EeljIas_4wby7AWUwkcZ1HjNSi1VJeBw Beer mugs collection Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRpf4UMW1vUNrlDF-50SCWSRdWMYHgYw9j33rOWKwQyp9wpbEr4Q

How many beer glasses are there in your collection !! if you have bought any [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  from online stores then you can share here.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 29091

Beer mugs collection Empty Re: Beer mugs collection

Post by Mcqueen on Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 8:04

Beer mugs collection 2839888827 
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21257

Post by Topdog on Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 9:23

I have loads but I don't keep mine full
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 9969

Post by Mermaid on Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 10:03

don't have any

Live life to the full now or it could be too late
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 21884

Post by Adam Mint on Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 11:21

Borrow, nice word...

Beer mugs collection 1460810463 Hic...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13809

Post by Perfectspecimen on Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 12:11

As an ex-publican I am not amused........
    Mary gave me a Stella pint glass to drink out of when I went to his pad, you know, the curvy gay looking one. I think it made him happy......

Adventure before dementia!!! Beer mugs collection 294053457
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 12:54

Price you pay sometimes you feel as if you've bought the pub never mind the odd glass, Carlsberg lager in the local £2.30, pub ten minutes down the road we will be doing the quiz in tonight £3.70, now the landlord of the local is obviously making a profit on it, other place is making £1.40 more,,, we only go there for the quiz, then back to the local...

Beer mugs collection 1498946960
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

England Male Posts : 1239

Post by Blyth Spirit on Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 14:47

Used to have quite a collection from my 'away days' with the football, 'we' used to acquire various different glasses from around the country.

Had some great away days with the Spartans and we never failed to bring home at least 2/3 different branded glasses per away game how they made in back unbroken was a miracle but they always did survive.
    Even when the odd member of our day out failed to turn up for the agreed departure time after a few post match drinks and were therefore duly left behind to make their own way home the glasses always got back to Blyth.
    Needless to say being the responsible one I took care of them, still got a box tucked away in the lift somewhere... 
    memories of great days nowadays it takes all my will power to walk the 5 minutes from my house to the ground for a home game !!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 6966

Post by searcher on Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 15:32

I served quite a few years with B.A.O.R. in the 60s and started a beer glass collection then,
    In those days the exchange rate was 11 DM to the£ and a beer cost 45pg but if you "broke" a glass they charged 1-00DM so it was a fairly cheap way to collect glasses, my collection blossomed until I got posted and my glasses got smashed in my M.F.O. box, I think out of 60 glasses I saved 8 , still have a couple left
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21257

Post by Topdog on Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 15:51

I got quite a few Vince but you love Stella so you got her glass
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 16:24

Blyth Spirit wrote:Used to have quite a collection from my 'away days' with the football, 'we' used to acquire various different glasses from around the country.

Had some great away days with the Spartans and we never failed to bring home at least 2/3 different branded glasses per away game how they made in back unbroken was a miracle but they always did survive.
    Even when the odd member of our day out failed to turn up for the agreed departure time after a few post match drinks and were therefore duly left behind to make their own way home the glasses always got back to Blyth.
    Needless to say being the responsible one I took care of them, still got a box tucked away in the lift somewhere... 
    memories of great days nowadays it takes all my will power to walk the 5 minutes from my house to the ground for a home game !!!

Acquire, mmmm, another nice word...

Do to keep them where you do just so as you can raise them every now and again...

Beer mugs collection 2084528412
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13809

Post by Perfectspecimen on Tue 6 Aug 2013 - 18:59

Adam Mint wrote:Price you pay sometimes you feel as if you've bought the pub never mind the odd glass, Carlsberg lager in the local £2.30, pub ten minutes down the road we will be doing the quiz in tonight £3.70, now the landlord of the local is obviously making a profit on it, other place is making £1.40 more,,, we only go there for the quiz, then back to the local...

Beer mugs collection 1498946960

Never mind nicking the glasses, take your own beer.......

Adventure before dementia!!! Beer mugs collection 294053457
    rohitkumar
    rohitkumar

Post by rohitkumar on Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 7:44

Blyth Spirit wrote:Used to have quite a collection from my 'away days' with the football, 'we' used to acquire various different glasses from around the country.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, You are like me. I also like my things and do not loose them on any condition.
    rohitkumar
    rohitkumar

Post by rohitkumar on Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 7:53

searcher wrote:I served quite a few years with B.A.O.R. in the 60s and started a beer glass collection then,
    In those days the exchange rate was 11 DM to the£ and a beer cost 45pg but if you "broke" a glass they charged 1-00DM so it was a fairly cheap way to collect glasses, my collection blossomed until I got posted and my glasses got smashed in my M.F.O. box, I think out of 60 glasses I saved 8 , still have a couple left
     That's nice, you did a good job. You still have 8, can you share them here with us !!
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 29091

Post by Mcqueen on Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 9:54

Beer mugs collection 3275847336 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 16 Feb 2020 - 19:35