Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

    Are dogs allowed on the beaches??

    tenerifecarvaluerentals
    tenerifecarvaluerentals
     
     

    UK Male Posts : 24
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Location : Tenerife

    Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? Empty Are dogs allowed on the beaches??

    Post by tenerifecarvaluerentals Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 16:47

    We were on one of the local beaches today and i have not seen so many dogs running free on the beach before,one or 2 fights too, just didn't think dogs were aloud plus where there are kids playing and once the big dogs came on people started to leave and not just with there kids.

    Cheers



    Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? Capture-3_zps1fad3103
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 59114
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 66
    Location : Scotland

    Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? Empty Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches??

    Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 16:50

    tenerifecarvaluerentals wrote:We were on one of the local beaches today and i have not seen so many dogs running free on the beach before,one or 2 fights too, just didn't think dogs were aloud plus where there are kids playing and once the big dogs came on people started to leave and not just with there kids.

    Cheers

    According to this Link they are not allowed.



    Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
               

    Topdog
    Topdog
     
     

    England Male Posts : 21279
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 61
    Location : England

    Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? Empty Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches??

    Post by Topdog Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 16:59

    Not in resorts, and on proms they must be kept on a lead I thought. I have seen quite a few old dogs on the beach, one may have been a German Shepherdess
    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12662
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? Empty Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches??

    Post by Gypsy Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 17:09

    Cam is right, officially you should not take your dog on the beach and you can get fine if the police see you. Saying that the beach at the far end of El Medano by the Arenas hotel seems to be a place to take dogs and the police usually turn a blind eye. There is also a tiny bit of beach further past there. BEACH which is always quiet. Being a dog lover I have let mine have the odd romp there but only if it is deserted which it pretty much always is but never the popular tourist ones.
    tenerifecarvaluerentals
    tenerifecarvaluerentals
     
     

    UK Male Posts : 24
    Join date : 2013-02-19
    Location : Tenerife

    Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? Empty Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches??

    Post by tenerifecarvaluerentals Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 17:10

    Will it was not in a resorts but a busy one used by locals, we love animals but to day there was to many on such a small beach.Gypsy its the beach as you are coming from los abrigos to el medano its the first round about you turn right its where they is a little wooding hut serving drinks and food on the way to the nudist beach and you have go down some steps to get on it lovely beach if that helps?
    Never mind we still have a nice time.
    Cheers for the info



    Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? Capture-3_zps1fad3103
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen
     
     

    England Male Posts : 30550
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : England

    Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? Empty Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches??

    Post by Mcqueen Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 17:22

    When i spring out of bed at first light i always have a look on the beach, always somebody letting their dog loose;
    Pus some old woman lets her dogs run along the grass, I dont mind until they start barking because somebody else has a dog loose, Anti social me thinks, Who hasnt stood in a pile ?, Worse outside the Arona Gran where the lidl is,
    Topdog
    Topdog
     
     

    England Male Posts : 21279
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 61
    Location : England

    Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? Empty Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches??

    Post by Topdog Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 17:50

    Why should I clear up behind my dog, he don't do it for me.
    Nah must agree I always pick up, well not his pee, but the tom, I do.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen
     
     

    Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14454
    Join date : 2011-08-15
    Age : 66
    Location : Cambs / Golf del Sur

    Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? Empty Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches??

    Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 25 Feb 2013 - 18:48

    Mcqueen wrote:When i spring out of bed at first light i always have a look on the beach, always somebody letting their dog loose;
    Pus some old woman lets her dogs run along the grass, I dont mind until they start barking because somebody else has a dog loose, Anti social me thinks, Who hasnt stood in a pile ?, Worse outside the Arona Gran where the lidl is,

    Iceland shop that is, not Lidl. Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? 506932706



    Adventure before dementia!!! Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? 294053457
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen
     
     

    England Male Posts : 30550
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : England

    Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? Empty Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches??

    Post by Mcqueen Mon 25 Feb 2013 - 18:52

    Perfectspecimen wrote:
    Mcqueen wrote:When i spring out of bed at first light i always have a look on the beach, always somebody letting their dog loose;
    Pus some old woman lets her dogs run along the grass, I dont mind until they start barking because somebody else has a dog loose, Anti social me thinks, Who hasnt stood in a pile ?, Worse outside the Arona Gran where the lidl is,

    Iceland shop that is, not Lidl. Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? 506932706

    Nah over the road man Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? 506932706

    Sponsored content

    Are dogs allowed on the beaches?? Empty Re: Are dogs allowed on the beaches??

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue 18 May 2021 - 8:44