Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12662
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Gypsy on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 12:41

    I would like to thank the owners of the forum for the new software we have acquired. It is fascinating to see that since it was installed less than 24 hours ago our little forum has had over 500 hits from REAL people not bots. Looking closer we can see who is doing what and for how long. The majority are spending between 20 mins to over an hour so obviously we are interesting. IP addresses are checked and identified so we know whether we are appealing to those in Brighton, Preston, Granadilla or far flung places and how many times they visit from a specific IP address.

    The only drawback as far as I am concerned is I will be spending hours looking at what is happening, as I love numbers. Thanks again guys great tool for us going onward and upward.
    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjH3TuJvTEoukFv9wfmTdgTW98kiW_sYi3tw_cYZFtN7pUl21feGQeZJ-x

    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen
     
     

    England Male Posts : 30083
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 66
    Location : England

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Mcqueen on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 13:13

    Blimey, i better come clean, I'm Sparticus, Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! 1554180325
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 3067
    Join date : 2011-08-22
    Age : 64
    Location : Somewhere in the Atlantic

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Cruella de Vil on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 13:16

    You mean Howard has lurked 500 times in less than 24 hours Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! 2931609686



    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Wool_zpse0f194b5
    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Models_zps03acd109
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi
     
     

    England Male Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Jimandsi on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 13:20

    Gypsy wrote:I would like to thank the owners of the forum for the new software we have acquired. It is fascinating to see that since it was installed less than 24 hours ago our little forum has had over 500 hits from REAL people not bots. Looking closer we can see who is doing what and for how long. The majority are spending between 20 mins to over an hour so obviously we are interesting. IP addresses are checked and identified so we know whether we are appealing to those in Brighton, Preston, Granadilla or far flung places and how many times they visit from a specific IP address.

    The only drawback as far as I am concerned is I will be spending hours looking at what is happening, as I love numbers. Thanks again guys great tool for us going onward and upward.
    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjH3TuJvTEoukFv9wfmTdgTW98kiW_sYi3tw_cYZFtN7pUl21feGQeZJ-x


    Just what we needed by the sounds of things.

    So, are 90% of our visitors / viewers still lurkers from Tenerife then ?

    And if they're REAL people, not bots, why aren't they posting ?


    :puzzled:
    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12662
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Gypsy on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 14:12

    Almost 1/3 of the IP addresses are from Spain, all except 2 which are mainland are from Tenerife.

    A couple of ‘foreign ones like the person from Scranton Pennsylvania who looked in both yesterday and today and 1 which says it is Anonymous but I can narrow the user down to within 3 minutes so that is interesting! Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! 9k=

    The rest are all from the UK
    Topdog
    Topdog
     
     

    England Male Posts : 21254
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 61
    Location : England

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Topdog on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 14:45

    Fabulous, we have such good stats as well. The fact is that 99% of forums have many readers but not many posts. We are fortunate that we have loads of posts and plenty of viewers.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt
     
     

    Ireland Male Posts : 1045
    Join date : 2012-01-10
    Age : 42
    Location : Ireland

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by CaribeCelt on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 15:38

    None from Ireland?Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! 2419626307



    All of us are in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars-Oscar Wilde
    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12662
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Gypsy on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 15:51

    Sorry, yes but I included that in the UK along with Wales and Scotland.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 56296
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 65
    Location : Scotland

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Campbell Brodie on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 16:04

    CaribeCelt wrote:None from Ireland?Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! 2419626307

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Captu294

    Click map
    hover over countries in green to get amount of hits...



    Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
               

    avatar
    NEMESI5
     
     

    Russian Female Posts : 75
    Join date : 2012-05-22
    Age : 45
    Location : Troy

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by NEMESI5 on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 17:02

    Can you post the whole analytics report lol, helps others understand how well the forum is doing, especially similar forums.
    I would do it for my sites but I don't like the idea of my stats being made public because my niche is highly competitive and I need all the ammunition I can muster to stay ahead.

    A very honest gesture indeed.



    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12662
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Gypsy on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 17:08

    In the words of the prophet Isaiah .... On your Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Velo32 LOL But we now have a couple of bits of software that are showing good stats and the one LR posted covers a different timescale to the one I am looking at.

    Let it be enough for us to say we are doing extremely well and we can now spot those that up until now thought they were invisible Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! 2419626307
    avatar
    NEMESI5
     
     

    Russian Female Posts : 75
    Join date : 2012-05-22
    Age : 45
    Location : Troy

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by NEMESI5 on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 17:11

    You have just been designated a new title:

    "Forum Analyst"

    Glad you have something to get your teeth into. :)
    Topdog
    Topdog
     
     

    England Male Posts : 21254
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 61
    Location : England

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Topdog on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 17:11

    Time to invite advertisers.
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi
     
     

    England Male Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Jimandsi on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 17:15

    Why all the secrecy. I wonder ?

    If the forum is doing well, then prove it and shout about it.

    There might just be some potential advertisers looking in. Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! 3442450755



    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! 394303222

    Topdog
    Topdog
     
     

    England Male Posts : 21254
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 61
    Location : England

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Topdog on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 17:18

    Jimandsi wrote:Why all the secrecy. I wonder ?

    If the forum is doing well, then prove it and shout about it.

    There might just be some potential advertisers looking in. Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! 3442450755
    we have shouted Jim, just some bits need to be kept in the backburner.
    avatar
    NEMESI5
     
     

    Russian Female Posts : 75
    Join date : 2012-05-22
    Age : 45
    Location : Troy

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by NEMESI5 on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 17:27

    Those looking at the stats will have to figure out whether they're daily, weekly or monthly :)

    My guess is one of the 3 but I'm not disclosing my thoughts.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12662
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Gypsy on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 17:36

    It is doing well Jim, honestly but as a businessman you know that you don´t give anything worth having away it is always better to know more about the competitiion than they know about you.

    Be it enough to say it is starting to get to a time when we could think about advertisers. I have seen some prices for other fora and they are IMO expensive, we could reduce by 50% and still make a lot of money because our intention was to give to charity not line someones pockets. That in itself has got to be a plus over others.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 22578
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 55

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Adam Mint on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 17:56

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! 2761542443
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi
     
     

    England Male Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Jimandsi on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 18:28


    You'll also need to look at it from the potential advertisers angle though Gypsy and Topdog.

    I've spent a fair bit on advertising in my time, but don't profess to be an expert.

    However, if I were to consider on-line advertising via forums again I would want to know various in-depth statistics regarding the audience, their locations, impressions, click throughs, click through rates etc. etc.

    Any provider not willing to disclose those details wouldn't get a look in I'm afraid.

    Good luck anyway - you're going to need it.



    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! 394303222

    Topdog
    Topdog
     
     

    England Male Posts : 21254
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 61
    Location : England

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Topdog on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 18:31

    Then as you know Jim, if approached by a genuine potential advertiser, we would disclose more info.
    I don't think your accounts and monies paid in and out etc were on the wall for all to see when you had your wally scooter business
    avatar
    NEMESI5
     
     

    Russian Female Posts : 75
    Join date : 2012-05-22
    Age : 45
    Location : Troy

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by NEMESI5 on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 19:04

    Jimandsi wrote:
    You'll also need to look at it from the potential advertisers angle though Gypsy and Topdog.

    I've spent a fair bit on advertising in my time, but don't profess to be an expert.

    However, if I were to consider on-line advertising via forums again I would want to know various in-depth statistics regarding the audience, their locations, impressions, click throughs, click through rates etc. etc.

    Any provider not willing to disclose those details wouldn't get a look in I'm afraid.

    Good luck anyway - you're going to need it.

    Ask any forum to give you a report of their site stats and I'll tell you ahead of time which of the fingers they give you.
    You either have to believe what they tell you or walk away.

    The difference with forums is that without stats, you can pretty much figure out if it's busy or not. :)
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 56296
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 65
    Location : Scotland

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Campbell Brodie on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 19:22

    That Google Analytics site is massive. It is a very powerful tool which allows SEO operators and webmasters a huge range of statistics which I don't even pretend to understand. It is a password protected Google site which I'm afraid is not open to public view as it is also interactive and has to be controlled.



    Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
               

    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi
     
     

    England Male Posts : 1361
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Jimandsi on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 19:32

    NEMESI5 wrote:

    Ask any forum to give you a report of their site stats and I'll tell you ahead of time which of the fingers they give you.
    You either have to believe what they tell you or walk away.

    The difference with forums is that without stats, you can pretty much figure out if it's busy or not. :)


    Don't agree !

    Your word "busy" doesn't really count I'm afraid Juba NEMISIS.

    A forum can have just ten members and as long as one of them clicks on my banner, then I have a result.

    Or the same forum can have 1,000 members, all posting complete bullshit and totally unaware of or even ignoring the adverts.

    Which one would you spend your money with ?

    Some helpful info here for you:- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12662
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Gypsy on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 19:36

    Yes you sent me the password but I was stopped as I had signed in somewhere different from your usual google account so needed more info :sulk2:

    Still I am happy with what I can see on the other site so if Google Analytics is bigger I would never have time for housework Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! 3025408739
    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12662
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Gypsy on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 19:48

    Jimandsi wrote:
    Don't agree !

    Your word "busy" doesn't really count I'm afraid Juba NEMISIS.

    A forum can have just ten members and as long as one of them clicks on my banner, then I have a result.

    Or the same forum can have 1,000 members, all posting complete bullshit and totally unaware of or even ignoring the adverts.

    Which one would you spend your money with ?
    Some helpful info here for you:- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


    At this stage in the game Jim, we are only throwing around ideas as to how to go forward.

    If we were planning on taking lots of money from you and it was going into our pockets I would agree that you should have something definitive to measure against, but as we are considering donations to charities I would suspect the majority of our advertisers would see that as a great way to donate to a worthwhile cause and still get their message out there.

    I also think it is a sign of the openness of this forum that we discuss what we have in mind with our members as in this case to bounce around and get their input rather than presenting them with something they may hate / never use.

    Sponsored content

    Big Brother is watching you LOL!!! Empty Re: Big Brother is watching you LOL!!!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri 30 Oct 2020 - 1:48