Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

    If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Share
    avatar
    Adam Mint
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 19625
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 52

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Adam Mint on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 18:38

    In the early days of the Rangers fiasco the SFA more or less admitted they were sailing in uncharted waters as they has no set rules on how to deal with the situation.

    Have just been reading back on the Partick Thistle demise, they were relegated to third division, have not been able to pick up any details of their situation other than they went bankrupt, where is the difference with them and Rangers?

    Rangers 10 point penalty, Partick third division?

    Oh, ......................................................................
    avatar
    CaribeCelt
     
     

    Ireland Male Posts : 1046
    Join date : 2012-01-10
    Age : 39
    Location : Ireland

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by CaribeCelt on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 21:04

    Adam Mint wrote:In the early days of the Rangers fiasco the SFA more or less admitted they were sailing in uncharted waters as they has no set rules on how to deal with the situation.

    Have just been reading back on the Partick Thistle demise, they were relegated to third division, have not been able to pick up any details of their situation other than they went bankrupt, where is the difference with them and Rangers?

    Rangers 10 point penalty, Partick third division?

    The conspiracy theorists amongst us would say that they are the club of the esthablishment.
    I'll let DavieThistle explain this one.



    All of us are in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars-Oscar Wilde
    avatar
    Davie Thistle
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 291
    Join date : 2012-01-25
    Age : 59
    Location : Glasgow, Scotland

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Davie Thistle on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 21:09

    .......awlritey A/M?

    ah you've got the wrong information on us kiddo!
    we didn't go bankrupt, But, we nearly went to the wall in '96/97
    but the fans and board etc did a Save the Jags scheme and saved us!
    we were shafted by the sfa et al at least 5 times, they moved the goalposts everytime
    we obeyed their stupid rules.
    to be in the SP Hell, you had to have an all seater stadium of at least 16.000, & undersoil heating!
    We spent all the money we had in the bank/ground/land etc,
    on a bludy grand new stand, £1.5 million pounds it cost us,
    it almost made us go under.
    THEN the arses in the sfl Changed the rules to 6000 seater and NO undersoil heating!"
    by that time we had spent ALL our money, had nothing to spend on the team,
    hence the drop from the spl to 1st div, then down to the 2nd div.
    we havent really recovered from that disaster that had nothing to do with us.
    there are a lot more circumstances to it all,
    but you now have the 'gist' of it.

    No wonder I take a drink!!!



    avatar
    Campbell Brodie
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 38223
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 62
    Location : Scotland

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Campbell Brodie on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 21:17

    Davie Thistle wrote:.......awlritey A/M?

    ah you've got the wrong information on us kiddo!
    we didn't go bankrupt, But, we nearly went to the wall in '96/97
    but the fans and board etc did a Save the Jags scheme and saved us!
    we were shafted by the sfa et al at least 5 times, they moved the goalposts everytime
    we obeyed their stupid rules.
    to be in the SP Hell, you had to have an all seater stadium of at least 16.000, & undersoil heating!
    We spent all the money we had in the bank/ground land etc,
    on a bludy grand new stand, £1.5 million pounds it cost us,
    it almost made us go under.
    THEN the arses in the sfl Changed the rules to 6000 seater and NO undersoil heating!"
    by that time we had spent ALL our money, had nothing to spend on the team,
    hence the drop from the spl to 1st div, then down to the 2nd div.
    we havent really recovered from that disaster that had nothing to do with us.
    there are a lot more circumstances to it all,
    but you now have the 'gist' of it.

    No wonder I take a drink!!!

    UEFA ruling at one time was clubs could use artificial pitches, so Dunfermline Athletic spent a quarter of a million installing one, then the SPL said they couldn't play on it. Dunfermline had to rip it up and actually got the grass destined for the new Wembley because it was running behind schedule. That nearly crippled the Pars financially as well.
    BBC News



    Helpful Links.
           Hotels Map | Tenerife living guide. | FAQ | Forum Help |
               

    avatar
    Adam Mint
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 19625
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 52

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Adam Mint on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 2:43

    Thanks Dave, just picked up what I could off wiki etc, I thought Partick went down due to some SFA penalty, was just trying to get a comparison as to what had happened in past situations.



    The PARS artificial pitch, did they not originally get some sort of FIFA or UEFA funding to lay the pitch, was actually at first game versus Hibs played on it, boring 0 – 0 draw, obviously down to the playing surface and nothing to do with the sporting abilities of Scotland’s finest (Hibs).

    PS; the beer and the pies were good, years since I had half a ton of fat running down my arm to my elbow, thank feck for the Scottish weather, it solidified pre dripping off so did not waste any......
    avatar
    Davie Thistle
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 291
    Join date : 2012-01-25
    Age : 59
    Location : Glasgow, Scotland

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Davie Thistle on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 13:34

    the beer and the pies were good, years since I had half a ton of fat running down my arm to my elbow, thank feck for the Scottish weather, it solidified pre dripping off so did not waste any!






    sOOOOOOOOOOOO trooooo



    avatar
    Adam Mint
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 19625
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 52

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Adam Mint on Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 17:02

    Update (Well someone’s opinion)

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-17737129
    avatar
    Adam Mint
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 19625
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 52

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Adam Mint on Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 6:06

    Breaking News

    New Consortium Enter Bid for Rangers

    Extract from report;

    “Lord Alan Sugar has placed a bid to buy Glasgow Rangers, and he has revealed the name of the consortium he is leading, The Apprentice Boys”.





































    ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♫ ...........
    avatar
    3rdforum
     
     

    Ireland Male Posts : 19757
    Join date : 2011-08-30
    Age : 47
    Location : Ireland

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by 3rdforum on Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 9:44

    Very good AM






    avatar
    Adam Mint
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 19625
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 52

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Adam Mint on Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 17:27

    Is this when the old boy’s network comes in to play....

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17811695





    This is a funny handshake smilie ?
    avatar
    Adam Mint
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 19625
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 52

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Adam Mint on Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 15:46

    Whyte banned for life... Plus transfer restriction for Rangers...

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17826965



    (Must have used wrong handshake!)
    avatar
    3rdforum
     
     

    Ireland Male Posts : 19757
    Join date : 2011-08-30
    Age : 47
    Location : Ireland

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by 3rdforum on Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 18:20

    whyte has told the SFA that they would get sfa from him regarding the fine






    avatar
    Adam Mint
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 19625
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 52

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Adam Mint on Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:19

    Breaking News...

    There’s a new bidder for Rangers who says he will pay off all the debt, refit the stadium and buy new players to return Rangers to their former glory. He’s a Chinese man called Mr Nae Foo Kin Chans.
    avatar
    CaribeCelt
     
     

    Ireland Male Posts : 1046
    Join date : 2012-01-10
    Age : 39
    Location : Ireland

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by CaribeCelt on Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 20:47




    All of us are in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars-Oscar Wilde
    avatar
    Adam Mint
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 19625
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 52

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Adam Mint on Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 14:18

    avatar
    Campbell Brodie
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 38223
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 62
    Location : Scotland

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Campbell Brodie on Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 14:27

    Adam Mint wrote:Would Mr Whyte stoop to such things...

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17857021

    Whyte couldn't give a shite, at the end of the day that man will make more money out of this than he put in. (Which was feck-all of his own money anyway!)



    Helpful Links.
           Hotels Map | Tenerife living guide. | FAQ | Forum Help |
               

    avatar
    Adam Mint
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 19625
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 52

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Adam Mint on Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 14:47

    The Lone Ranger wrote:
    Adam Mint wrote:Would Mr Whyte stoop to such things...

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17857021

    Whyte couldn't give a shite, at the end of the day that man will make more money out of this than he put in. (Which was feck-all of his own money anyway!)

    Extract from my post No 10 on this thread:-

    “Just been reading reports on the Rangers situation, did Mr Whyte have some form of financial strategy in mind right from the start !!!”

    avatar
    Campbell Brodie
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 38223
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 62
    Location : Scotland

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Campbell Brodie on Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 14:54

    Adam Mint wrote:
    Extract from my post No 10 on this thread:-

    “Just been reading reports on the Rangers situation, did Mr Whyte have some form of financial strategy in mind right from the start !!!”


    Wouldn't put it past him, those rich greedy bassas have no interest in the long traditions of a club, they just want to make more money. The club can go down the pan, means nothing to those types. Money? As if he didn't have enough already.



    Helpful Links.
           Hotels Map | Tenerife living guide. | FAQ | Forum Help |
               

    avatar
    Adam Mint
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 19625
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 52

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Adam Mint on Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 19:17

    There are some thick bas#ards around...

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17858090

    avatar
    Campbell Brodie
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 38223
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 62
    Location : Scotland

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Campbell Brodie on Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 19:48

    Who? Drysdale?



    Helpful Links.
           Hotels Map | Tenerife living guide. | FAQ | Forum Help |
               

    avatar
    3rdforum
     
     

    Ireland Male Posts : 19757
    Join date : 2011-08-30
    Age : 47
    Location : Ireland

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by 3rdforum on Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 21:01

    McCoist was a feckin eejit calling for those members of the SFA who instigated the fine and embargo, to be named. He was only pouring petrol on fire.






    avatar
    Campbell Brodie
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 38223
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 62
    Location : Scotland

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Campbell Brodie on Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 21:03

    3rdforum wrote:McCoist was a feckin eejit calling for those members of the SFA who instigated the fine and embargo, to be named. He was only pouring petrol on fire.

    Was a bit daft weren't it? Did you like the van?



    Helpful Links.
           Hotels Map | Tenerife living guide. | FAQ | Forum Help |
               

    avatar
    Adam Mint
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 19625
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 52

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Adam Mint on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 6:34

    Could have been to Tenerife and back in 7, left hand drive, euro, etc...



    avatar
    Campbell Brodie
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 38223
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 62
    Location : Scotland

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by Campbell Brodie on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 11:03

    Ticketus have pulled out of the Rangers bid...BBC Scotland. Don't know where that will leave the Blue Knights now.



    Helpful Links.
           Hotels Map | Tenerife living guide. | FAQ | Forum Help |
               

    avatar
    CaribeCelt
     
     

    Ireland Male Posts : 1046
    Join date : 2012-01-10
    Age : 39
    Location : Ireland

    Re: If Rangers go down the Pan.

    Post by CaribeCelt on Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 11:12

    It looking like the inevitable is going to happen now.
    This Sunday will be the last Old Firm,imo.



    All of us are in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars-Oscar Wilde

      Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017 - 5:02