Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

Scottish Independence

Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 19126

Re: Scottish Independence

Post by Adam Mint on Mon 30 Jan 2017 - 17:48

He probibly thought it meant Glasgow Pikie, in that that's where I'm going and that's what I.............

Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 37321

Post by Campbell Brodie on Mon 30 Jan 2017 - 17:51

...anyway if it's good enough for Elvis...

Helpful Links.
           [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 2:45

Know I'm not not on the right thread with this so please move it...

Heard the sound bite yesterday, watched all of his speech tonight, watch from 14:00 minutes if you can't stand it all,,,  I agree 100%, it needed sorted, but we have no say now,,, oops 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 3:23

Know this should be on some brexit thread but can't find it so Cam etc move it...

We employed 4800 when I left the company 2009, a high number of these employees were from outwith the UK, why did we employ them, cheap labour,,, NO, we paid well above minimum wage in every department,,, the "British" (mainly English depots "Fact") were to lazy to get off their feckin arse and go to work,,, but they moan cos it's these Poles etc are taking our jobs,,, NO THEY ARE FECKIN NOT,,, OUR BENEFITS SYSTEM PAID YOU MORE NOT TO WORK THAN WORK SO YOU DIDNT YOU LAZY PIECE OF DRUG TAKING ALCOHOLIC PIECE OF ROBBIN FECKING SCUM",,, but then the brexit vote comes and mainly these English feckers that do feck all vote out... Never worked a day in their life's and have no intention of doing so but blame it on the foreigner who is prepatired to to do it......

Big, Big, Big fecking mistake, was way from far perfect but better in than out,,, no say now with the European partners but May say we  are gonna have good trading relationships with them ,,, Fecking Bollocks,,, rabbits it holes..
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21218

Post by Topdog on Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 8:34

Some of what you say I agree with. First up my daughter has had Lily and can only afford to work three days a week. Her bloke is a dick and tight as arse holes plus has very little to do with or baba. Second she has worked for same nursery for 18 years and they charge her full walk less 4% discount. Now if she works full time. Which should would love to do, she would not be able to afford to live. If she does 3 days then she gets by if she gave up work she would be 122 per week better off.
    I worked for a very well paying company and greedy bassa's business men in UK bought it out, smashed it up and sent it to Korea, now ruined as all accounting done falsely and on grants. I also employed foreign people for their work ethic and skills but had many others offer to work for half the miney,because they live 12 to a 3 bed house and share beds as all work different hours. Most send money earn home don't spend to boost economy.
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 15:03

Yip, had a lad at work whose wife was having a kid, department he worked in the shift patterns were based on each employee working two hours overtime per day, this was explained to employees at the interview stage and they were happy with this due the enhanced hourly payment and boost to their annual earnings, anyway this lads wife has the kid, should also say he'd just moved to a bigger house as I'd recently provided him with proof of earnings evidence for his mortgage application, a few weeks after the kids born he knocks my office door, asks for his hours to be dropped to the basic forty hours, I'm a bit confused with this and say, you've just taken on a big mortgage, your wife's just had a kid, and your looking to cut your hours, I'd more have been expecting you to ask for more hours,,, his reply, it don't make any sense for me to work extra hours, the payments are taking me over the earnings limits for child benefits so the money I lose by not doing the overtime is more than compensated by the benefits I'll receive................

Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13225

Post by Perfectspecimen on Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 18:59

Child Benefit. Oh yeah, they claim that even though the kids are in Poland..........

Adventure before dementia!!!
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sat 4 Feb 2017 - 23:13

I rest my case...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 19550

Post by 3rdforum on Sat 4 Feb 2017 - 23:58

Perfectspecimen wrote:Child Benefit. Oh yeah, they claim that even though the kids are in Poland..........
    We called a halt to that 8 years ago. Dept of Social is very strict on child payments. They have access to that API ( advanced Passenger Information, I think), which tells them how long the kid is gone for. Once over 6 weeks in any 12 month period, payments stop. Takes 3 or 4 months to get them back.

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Wed 8 Feb 2017 - 0:06

3rdforum wrote:I was picking up a car in Scotland. The dealer was in Hamilton. I booked Ryanair, Shannon to Glasgow. It distinctly said "Glasgow" on the Ryanair site. We feckin' landed in Prestwick. The lad had to drive down to collect me. 

Was speaking to my daughter today, holidays came us, she says I've booked an all inclusive holiday to Greece, tells me the price, I think that's a bit pricey, I ask is that the total price including your flights down from Shetland to wherever your flying out of the UK from to Greece, she says no, flights down to Glasgow will be on top,,,,,,, I think "Glasgow",,, so say make sure its Glasgow airport not Prestwick your talking about as know someone who booked thinking he were going Glasgow but ended up at Glasgow Prestwitch,,, she say ah, know all about that, you  remember that English girl I flat shared with in in Glasgow when at college, she booked a holiday from Glasgow, turned up at airport,,, OOPS..............

Your not alone Dermo...
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Wed 8 Feb 2017 - 8:07

yeah, it doesn't say Prestwick until you print the boarding cards. When initially booking, it just says Glasgow

Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 13:03

For those unaware, Ruth Davidson is the Scottish Tory leader...

Helpful Links.
           [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 13:05

Plus she's a dyke...
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 13:08

Yeah, but I won't use that against her in my case for Independence...

Helpful Links.

innit

Post by innit on Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 13:37

I wonder if Scotland will ask the rest of the UK to help to pay for the wall they will need to build to keep the Scots in.
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 24476

Post by Mcqueen on Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 13:56

Adrian tried that.
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 16:33

I posted something about that somewhere recently...
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Fri 17 Feb 2017 - 18:19

What's good for the goose...BBC News

Helpful Links.

Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Fri 17 Feb 2017 - 18:34

Spain said they will veto any attempt for Scotland to join the EU as an independent Country. Lets face it, enough baling out has been done thus far. Dancing

Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Fri 17 Feb 2017 - 18:39

That's only self interest as they're scared the Catalalonians will get independence...

Helpful Links.

Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Fri 17 Feb 2017 - 19:05

And the Basques, and the Canarians...... Anyone would think the Scots were hard done by. Its us Londoners you should be sorry for, invaded by foreigners and driven out. Poor old Reg lives in an, all but name, gated community. Build that wall Reg! 
    It was never done on purpose but when I moved to my village I never thought its name would be its saviour. Lets face it, no muslim is gonna live somewhere called Christchurch.

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 17 Feb 2017 - 20:26

That man is where all you Brexiteers should be putting the blame for your concerns on immigration, not the EU. If it was anyone else but Blair calling for people to rise up against it, it might get some traction. blair will just cause positions to harden. Feckin' muppet.

Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 24476

Post by Mcqueen on Fri 17 Feb 2017 - 20:30

Angry2         
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Fri 17 Feb 2017 - 21:17

3rdforum wrote:That man is where all you Brexiteers should be putting the blame for your concerns on immigration, not the EU. If it was anyone else but Blair calling for people to rise up against it, it might get some traction. blair will just cause positions to harden. Feckin' muppet.

Yeah, English twat,,, oops ...
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Sat 18 Feb 2017 - 3:39

Got a feeling this may have despatched him to the political wilderness. I do hope so. Cant think of of a single thing he has been good for. Maybe he would like to lead the opposition again. The New New Labour Party. Jeez, he is so wet hes dripping.
    Still on the political slot I dont think we have heard the last of my hero Nige. That scouse git wont get in at the Stoke gig. Indeed I think he will be soundly beaten. The door will then be open Sir Nigel............ Ooops I'm getting ahead of myself here.  Trust me, it wont be long, bet Liz loves him. 

Current date/time is Sat 23 Sep 2017 - 13:44