Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

A change of direction for In Tenerife

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 58666

A change of direction for In Tenerife Empty A change of direction for In Tenerife

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 30 Nov 2020 - 8:59

Janet Anscombe.

Helpful Links.
          Tenerife living guide. | FAQ | Forum Help |

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30488

A change of direction for In Tenerife Empty Re: A change of direction for In Tenerife

Post by Mcqueen Mon 30 Nov 2020 - 10:07

Ooo A change of direction for In Tenerife 3025408739  had enough innit

Campbell Brodie likes this post

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

A change of direction for In Tenerife Empty Re: A change of direction for In Tenerife

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 30 Nov 2020 - 10:40

Mcqueen wrote:Ooo A change of direction for In Tenerife 3025408739  had enough innit

She's not a happy bunny.

Helpful Links.

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Mon 30 Nov 2020 - 12:02

Don't blame her, people start things like business's and they take control of your life,
    one day you wake up and think i don't need this crap in my life, bye Hi

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14380

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 1 Dec 2020 - 3:00

Cant blame people for asking. I have a flight with jet2 from Stansted on sunday. Trying to find where I can get PCR test not by post reasonably local to me but I am struggling. Best I can come up with is Gatwick for £99 but thats 150 miles away ffs. Has to be done within 72 hours of arrival at TFS as well but takes 24+ hours to come through with the result. Obvious day would be Friday assuming they work at the lab on Saturday but Friday I have track day at Mallory Park in Leicestershire so cant do it that day. Only option I got is slap down to Gatwick Thursday afternoon. So £30 diesel in Patsys 62mpg Fiat 500 + £5 for Dartford crossing +£99 for test so thats 135 quid not including my time FFS. Flight cost £54 return which was cheap but it aint now! Company running the show at Gatwick promised to roll it out over the whole country....... Not happened then, TOSSERS! Grrrr.  A change of direction for In Tenerife 16779677

Adventure before dementia!!! A change of direction for In Tenerife 294053457
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 1 Dec 2020 - 3:11

Looking at my bank account I see the Govt have sent me £200 for heating allowance. Very nice and thanks indeed. Sadly it looks like I have blown it already keeping warm in Tenerife for a week.  A change of direction for In Tenerife 3025408739

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 1 Dec 2020 - 8:18

Each airline should try to make it easy to get one nearby but no that's too hard,
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 2 Dec 2020 - 18:01

Well it turns out Gatwick are fully booked. Jeez. Sent off for a postal one, Assured Screening its called in Barnard Castle. Probably something to do with Dominic Cummings then lol. Should get here tomorrow. £116.  fingers crossed

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 2 Dec 2020 - 18:29

Sent ours off yesterday should hear tomorrow - maybe A change of direction for In Tenerife 3481995571
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 2 Dec 2020 - 18:30

Car hire £600 for 6 weeks A change of direction for In Tenerife 3913804730
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 2 Dec 2020 - 19:11

Mcqueen wrote:Car hire £600 for 6 weeks A change of direction for In Tenerife 3913804730

Grill Vince. He gets them for a tenner a month... A change of direction for In Tenerife 3025408739

Helpful Links.

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 2 Dec 2020 - 20:28

Yeh but i don't want the police after me  Transport  Transport

Campbell Brodie and Mermaid like this post

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 22971

Post by Adam Mint Wed 2 Dec 2020 - 21:03

Perfectspecimen wrote:Well it turns out Gatwick are fully booked. Jeez. Sent off for a postal one, Assured Screening its called in Barnard Castle. Probably something to do with Dominic Cummings then lol. Should get here tomorrow. £116.  fingers crossed

Got a mate works NHS in admin Manchester hospital, he texts other night saying he/all staff have been given enough Covid test kits to test themselves twice a week for 12 weeks,,, he's been told kits cost £120 each to produce/process,,,
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 3 Dec 2020 - 18:55

Blimey poking that swab down my throat was highly unpleasant. Thats why I wanted someone who knows what they are doing for the job. In the post to lab now so hope the jobs a goodun. When you going then Reg? By the way I have lost your phone number, they all got wiped.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 3 Dec 2020 - 19:33

Perfectspecimen wrote:Blimey poking that swab down my throat was highly unpleasant. Thats why I wanted someone who knows what they are doing for the job. In the post to lab now so hope the jobs a goodun. When you going then Reg? By the way I have lost your phone number, they all got wiped.

Look at Reg's post on "Whar are you doing today?".

Helpful Links.

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Thu 3 Dec 2020 - 19:56

We followed what jet2 said to the letter, Janet tried to get one done privately but they don't like it if its too soon or too late, 72 hours before you land is the target, so the postal test has the flight details
    so if it don't arrive before morning we are going nowhere,  WTF is wrong with the test done at the airprort by Jet 2 and then they can say ya or na, feck me ridgid

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 5 Dec 2020 - 14:40

Mine has come back negative so thats OK. Plane has to be less than 2 hours late lol.

Mermaid likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 6 Mar 2021 - 23:13