Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

One for Reg.

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13728

One for Reg. Empty One for Reg.

Post by Perfectspecimen on Mon 9 Sep 2019 - 2:03

Heyup peeps, still alive and kickin!
    Story.......
    So I advertise red MGF a month ago on ebay classified. Owned it for some years now so deffo private sale. Within 24 hours I get a message from guy in Australia who wants car but can I keep it for a month until he gets home. Yep, no problem so he sends me deposit of 300 quid with 500 to pay on collection. On Friday I pick him up from local rail station complete with giant suitcase etc fresh off plane from Aus, bring him back here. He likes car. Pays £500 so off he goes to home in Hull complete with luggage jammed in car. Couple of hours later I get a message, engine exploded near Holbeach, lucky I'm still alive, fire brigade called and car is in local garage and family have taken me home. He is not a happy bunny and he is making threats so I tell him I will go and see car. Saturday me and Patsy trundle off to Holbeach (25 miles away) with full tool kit to inspect car. Half expecting a wreck but no, car looks OK. We pour water in and Patsy informs me its coming straight out underneath and on further inspection we discover a split coolant hose. Obvious reason for break down then. I phoned him this morning explaining that all is not lost, I will fix car and take it to Hull all for no cost within 7 days. Yes, not my fault, 19 year old cars break down sometimes and I am playing the white man to help him out. This evening I get a message, I want my money back and I will return the log book AFTER funds received in my account. Hmmm,,,,,. I duly sent him a message saying he will be responsible for storage charges at the garage and of course he can collect it at his convenience as its his car. Obviously I am looking forward to a court appearance with this drama queen. Or perhaps an apology???

Adventure before dementia!!! One for Reg. 294053457
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

One for Reg. Empty Re: One for Reg.

Post by Perfectspecimen on Mon 9 Sep 2019 - 2:12

Eight hours later now, no contact. No doubt he will be off to see his lawyer in the morning or maybe his 'mechanic' who tells him engine will be fecked anyway. I will offer him £150 scrap value to be paid AFTER he sends me the log book. Silly boy.

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 28831

Post by Mcqueen on Mon 9 Sep 2019 - 7:06

Private sale so no comeback unless he can prove you are a dealer by looking at history on Ebay.
    I think you did more than you had to, forget it One for Reg. 3417148095
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 50850

Post by Campbell Brodie on Mon 9 Sep 2019 - 8:50

One for Reg. 1207215696 One for Reg. 3025408739

Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Mon 16 Sep 2019 - 2:21

Only sell cars on classified ads now on ebay and they dont show up. Not for that reason but you get so many tossers bidding its almost a waste of time. Anyway he has got his car now. Tells me he has booked it in for a service. £270. FFS! what a loser!

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Mon 16 Sep 2019 - 2:48

Prime example was the last car I bought. Early red Freelander with the English diesel engine in it. Was watching it and it twice went through the auction process and then back on again. I sent the guy a message saying if no joy I will pay starting price which was £275 and collect immediately. Duly get a phone call, foreigner won it but thinks Atherstone was near Southampton. Well I didnt know where it was either but thats what Google maps is for innit. Near Coventry, smack bang in the middle of England. Picked up car from opposite Aldi distribution centre from a garage who should be ashamed of themselves by the way. Reason he was selling it was he had a new clutch put in and it was now making a clonking noise which he was told was a broken engine mounting. Well the rear engine mount was a bit weak but the main reason? All four bolts that holds 4 wheel drive system to gearbox totally missing! One for Reg. 2419626307

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 50850

Post by Campbell Brodie on Mon 16 Sep 2019 - 8:32

You should have been a mechanic Vince! One for Reg. 3025408739

Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 13 Dec 2019 - 0:56