Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

The road to recovery

Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 24732

The road to recovery

Post by Mcqueen on Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 19:24

Today all my tablets went in the bin, Great, I'm now on injections, Twice a day, Have to monitor my sugar level all through the day, fully equipped now, Even got a special sharps bin for the waste needles, Fridge full of insulin, I'm ready to rock, The very best bit though is, If i go below 4 i have to wedge a few jelly babie's in my mouth, Cant wait, It must cost the NHS a fortune, And which race suffers most from diabetis, Yes, The suntan spongers,
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3087

Re: The road to recovery

Post by Cruella de Vil on Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 19:31

Good luck with that UD, my ex husband is a brittle diabetic and having lived with him for 24 years I know it's not easy (neither was he)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 8850

Post by Mermaid on Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 19:35

best of luck Reg.As someone who has a needle phobia I would find it very hard to inject myself

Live life to the full now or it could be too late
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 37795

Post by Campbell Brodie on Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 19:48

Mermaid wrote:best of luck Reg.As someone who has a needle phobia I would find it very hard to inject myself

...and I've no chance...
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 24732

Post by Mcqueen on Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 19:50

Was at the docs first at lunch time, Wanted more blood, They use them big ones that they tape to your arm, She fannied about, then got it, Stood up to get something and caught it with her leg, So that went flying all over us both, started again in the other arm, I had to be at the hospital at 2pm, so rushing a bit, Late for the hospital 15 minutes, So i thought they would tell me to go forth, Nah Anne was sat waiting for me Yeh i kinow, Babe magnet strikes again, So then she starts sticking needles in me, then she says "you have a go Reg, " I'm like a pin cushion today, I dont like to go on (yes you do) But in the waiting room, Only me born here, It cant last, Can it ?

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 3:29