Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    searcher
    searcher
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 6905
    Join date : 2012-09-18
    Age : 75
    Location : edinburgh

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by searcher on Sun 28 May 2017 - 21:49

    My apologies the bar/restaurant was called Summernights not summerland ,I invested in anH.P. netbook then very light ,and it is still going strong today B.T.W. I think there is Chinese involvement in Bojangles now and balti balti is quite good but not as good as Overseas
    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12665
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by Gypsy on Sun 28 May 2017 - 22:08

    So not really that long ago as netbooks didn´t come out until 2009, I thought I was dead posh getting one and like you Bill still have it and take it away with me but compared to what they have now it seems very slow.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12665
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by Gypsy on Sun 28 May 2017 - 22:14

    Huge numbers of restaurants are backed by Chinese as they get special tax breaks for starting a business here.  It started a few years ago [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    marbro8
    marbro8
     
     

    UK Male Posts : 446
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Age : 58
    Location : walsall west mids

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by marbro8 on Sun 28 May 2017 - 22:37

    Mcqueen wrote:How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 3025408739  Hi Mark
    Hi hi reggie how you doin pal How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 294053457



    who gives a feck
    marbro8
    marbro8
     
     

    UK Male Posts : 446
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Age : 58
    Location : walsall west mids

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by marbro8 on Sun 28 May 2017 - 22:44

    searcher wrote:My apologies the bar/restaurant was called Summernights not summerland ,I invested in anH.P. netbook then very light ,and it is still going strong today B.T.W. I think there is Chinese involvement in Bojangles now and balti balti is quite good but not as good as Overseas
    Hong Kong food city takes some beating for the prices. and if you are prepared to take a good stroll then bobby's 111 in san eugenio is well worth it. but they have just opened a bobby's 5 opposite the arona gran next door to the surrey arms, just hope they are as good How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 294053457



    who gives a feck
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 21684
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 54

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by Adam Mint on Mon 29 May 2017 - 1:49

    Adam Mint wrote:Just been on google maps, found it, Been in all them bars etc on that small strip, that Indian was a cafe, Bar 39 was Bar 39 but I don't recall the one in between as that name...

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    searcher wrote:My apologies the bar/restaurant was called Summernights not summerland ,I invested in anH.P. netbook then very light ,and it is still going strong today B.T.W. I think there is Chinese involvement in Bojangles now and balti balti is quite good but not as good as Overseas

    Yip, that rings a bell, what part of Miridor were you on...
    marbro8
    marbro8
     
     

    UK Male Posts : 446
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Age : 58
    Location : walsall west mids

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by marbro8 on Mon 29 May 2017 - 10:42

    Marguy's is now called rusty's i think? it still has the sign Marguy's but with another saying rusty's underneath. and bar 39 is now the Highland paddy, and for the 2 weeks we were there it was rammed
    scrap that useless piece of info i have just bothered to read the whole thread and it's already been posted How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 3025408739



    who gives a feck
    marbro8
    marbro8
     
     

    UK Male Posts : 446
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Age : 58
    Location : walsall west mids

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by marbro8 on Mon 29 May 2017 - 14:55

    Gypsy wrote:This is what got me thinking ...... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Has it changed hands then? because last time we went there it was owned by a brother and sister, they were ok but he seemed a bit condescending  How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 1498946960



    who gives a feck
    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12665
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by Gypsy on Mon 29 May 2017 - 17:37

    Guy in blue polo shirt is the owner

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 18342210
    Topdog
    Topdog
     
     

    England Male Posts : 21257
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 60
    Location : England

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by Topdog on Mon 29 May 2017 - 19:24

    wasn't he in a soap
    marbro8
    marbro8
     
     

    UK Male Posts : 446
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Age : 58
    Location : walsall west mids

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by marbro8 on Mon 29 May 2017 - 19:36

    marbro8 wrote:
    Gypsy wrote:This is what got me thinking ...... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Has it changed hands then? because last time we went there it was owned by a brother and sister, they were ok but he seemed a bit condescending  How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 1498946960
    ye that's him



    who gives a feck
    searcher
    searcher
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 6905
    Join date : 2012-09-18
    Age : 75
    Location : edinburgh

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by searcher on Mon 29 May 2017 - 20:10

    Adam Mint wrote:
    Adam Mint wrote:Just been on google maps, found it, Been in all them bars etc on that small strip, that Indian was a cafe, Bar 39 was Bar 39 but I don't recall the one in between as that name...

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    searcher wrote:My apologies the bar/restaurant was called Summernights not summerland ,I invested in anH.P. netbook then very light ,and it is still going strong today B.T.W. I think there is Chinese involvement in Bojangles now and balti balti is quite good but not as good as Overseas

    Yip, that rings a bell, what part of Miridor were you on...
    We rented from a Glasgow guy called Alan Albert ,he is a big mate of Alan Gordon who owns the Bluebell
    zdeekie
    zdeekie
     
     

    UK Female Posts : 4139
    Join date : 2013-04-21
    Age : 62

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by zdeekie on Mon 29 May 2017 - 22:01

    The owners name is Rochdi he is from Tunisia nice guy .On the opening night that Ben & I attended his sister was there but don't think she has anything to do with the running of it x
    Topdog
    Topdog
     
     

    England Male Posts : 21257
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 60
    Location : England

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by Topdog on Tue 30 May 2017 - 15:09

    searcher wrote:
    Adam Mint wrote:
    Adam Mint wrote:Just been on google maps, found it, Been in all them bars etc on that small strip, that Indian was a cafe, Bar 39 was Bar 39 but I don't recall the one in between as that name...

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    searcher wrote:My apologies the bar/restaurant was called Summernights not summerland ,I invested in anH.P. netbook then very light ,and it is still going strong today B.T.W. I think there is Chinese involvement in Bojangles now and balti balti is quite good but not as good as Overseas

    Yip, that rings a bell, what part of Miridor were you on...
    We rented from a Glasgow guy called Alan Albert ,he is a big mate of Alan Gordon who owns the Bluebell
    No Gordon Albert or Alan Alan then
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 21684
    Join date : 2011-10-07
    Age : 54

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by Adam Mint on Tue 30 May 2017 - 20:19

    Know the pub you mention Searcher and have had a drink in it, probably watching football, and have  probably spoke to the owner...

    Sponsored content

    How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: How far back do you go with the Tenerife Forum

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat 14 Dec 2019 - 6:03