Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

Scottish Independence

Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 38290

Re: Scottish Independence

Post by Campbell Brodie on Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 19:05

How the State mouth piece, commonly known as the BBC, always add a Tory criticism to even good news of Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP. It all goes lovely until the very last sentence. Was there any need to include that? Yes, if you are the Government mouth piece and are scared shitless of the Union breaking up!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Helpful Links.
           [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 19:11

...just in case you don't believe me...[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Helpful Links.
           [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13320

Post by Perfectspecimen on Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 2:57

The clue is in the title...... UNITED Kingdom. I have every confidence that we will land heads up in this Euro divorce. Bring it on. Bit off topic but I was watching tele this evening and war criminal Blair was being interviewed. He had all his anti-Brexit arguments well rehearsed obviously but then he was asked which MP when he was leader most annoyed him and wound him up. Answer was Dennis Skinner! A Labour MP no less. Very much old skool and my favourite MP. Bet hes having a laugh tonight, feck you Blair! The peeps of Bolsover are still voting for me. 

Adventure before dementia!!!
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 19653

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 13:20

Campbell Brodie wrote:How the State mouth piece, commonly known as the BBC, always add a Tory criticism to even good news of Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP. It all goes lovely until the very last sentence. Was there any need to include that? Yes, if you are the Government mouth piece and are scared shitless of the Union breaking up!

Well I thought exactly the same, what's someone who is basically a Westminster paid Scottish mouthpiece with little or no power other than to count sheep doing trying to pretend she's got a say in world matters,,, go hame and howk the tatties love,,, or as the BBC reported the Scottish Conservitaves as putting it "get back to the day job"...

Flag Flag Flag
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 13:55

So it's back to the day job,,, remind me Nicola how many sheep were in that field...

3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 19774

Post by 3rdforum on Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 21:02

Is it Sturgeon you don't like or anyone that wants independence? Still reckon you're not as against it this time as you were last.

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Fri 7 Apr 2017 - 0:06

Both, and still the same feelings, total feckin mess...
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Fri 7 Apr 2017 - 16:45

All this pish about being British...I'm not British, I'm Scottish. Reg is English and Tom feckin' Jones is Welsh. British my arse...Let's get back to what we are, not what a "British" government wants us to be.

Helpful Links.

searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 6284

Post by searcher on Fri 7 Apr 2017 - 16:52

Adam Mint wrote:Both, and still the same feelings, total feckin mess...

Broken hearted now ,there was me thinking you really liked me,  Hi Hi
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Fri 7 Apr 2017 - 17:56

And they let these people vote...

Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Fri 7 Apr 2017 - 23:02

Donald has been playing the Tomahawk missile app. Didnt take long did it? Walls on the back burner..........

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 0:50

2nd good thing he did this week!

Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 9:13

Does no one else recognse this Brexit warning stuuf? It's exactly the same as what the Scots were told in Indyref 1. "You can't leave and expect the same benefits", "thousands of people will lose their jobs", "Companys will desert UK/Scotland", "you will have to pay your share of EU/UK benefits"...etc.
    Now tell me how it's OK for the UK to ignore those arguments and it wasn't OK for Scotland. The hypocracy is mind-numbing. If the UK can go it alone, so can Scotland. We can even write a new "Great Repeal Bill" as well, and get rid of the crappy Westminster laws that we don't like.
    What's good for the goose has to be good for the gander!

Helpful Links.

Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 20:11

The difference is Scotland cannot stand on its own two feet.

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 20:24

Correct...

Flag Flag Flag
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 20:26

Just throw them a few quid and they will drug out on free prescriptions and shut up,,, hopefully...

Flag Flag Flag
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 20:59

My SNP membership card arrived today... Flag

Helpful Links.

Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 21:05

Perfectspecimen wrote:The difference is Scotland cannot stand on its own two feet.

We're charged billions for services we don't use...

...these GERS figures the government use to calcuate the deficit include these "services".

Helpful Links.

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 21:23

That's cos your a Celtic supporter...
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 21:32

Yeah, that'll be it right enough!

Helpful Links.

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 23:26

Perfectspecimen wrote:The difference is Scotland cannot stand on its own two feet.

Adam Mint wrote:Correct...

Flag Flag Flag
    Show me any independently verified  evidence to back that up, not tabloid rhetoric.

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 1:22

Ask Nicola, and Salmond, pre the last  independence referendum she was quizzed by a shit interviewer Jerrmy Vine on his BBC 2 radio program and even that twat ripped the shit out of her, she could not answer one question he asked...

Bullshit, Bullshit, and more Bulshit,,, and I don't think any of the rest are any better, minute they get a bit power it's me me me, get the aristocracy back in, they don't need the money, got more brains than the peasants that don't deserve a vote that have got us in this shit...
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 9:07

3rdforum wrote:

Adam Mint wrote:Correct...

Flag Flag Flag
    Show me any independently verified  evidence to back that up, not tabloid rhetoric.

I try to back up my arguments with links to news articles, political mags etc. but we always get the same unionist crap, "you're too wee to stand on your own two feet", (see above), "you have too large a deficit", "all the businesses will move South", "unemployment will rise" etc.

Helpful Links.

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 13:08

There was talk of a independence vote some years back, company I worked for was Scottish but the majority of our bussines was in England, well just look at the population numbers, roughly 6m to 60m, had vote gon ahead and Scotland went independent we had plans in place to set up our head office in England, and if Scotland were to go independent many company's would jump ship, at the last independence referendum many Scottish based company's came out and declared they would move, I recall Standard Life being one of them,,, The same with Brexit, you can bet many company's will be looking at keeping a foot in Europe somehow...
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 17:22

Thats where indy Scotland has a trump card if they retain/gain access to the EU market.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 7:43