Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

£165m Manchester tramline set to open

Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 41542

£165m Manchester tramline set to open

Post by Campbell Brodie on Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 9:11

Helpful Links.
          Tenerife living guide. | FAQ | Forum Help |

Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 26394

Re: £165m Manchester tramline set to open

Post by Mcqueen on Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 9:14

That should clear the traffic up Not
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 20849

Post by Adam Mint on Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 12:21

I'm saying nothing...

Oh but I did post this on the Edinburgh tram thread a bit back about this fantastic 0.8 mile £165million pound bit ot track,,, made of feckin gold is it...

by Adam Mint on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:55 pm
    And this is what you've got to look forward to in the future...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-36638316

That 0.8 mile link started nearly two and a half years ago ain't expected to be finished till 2017,,, they built a railway across Americe in ten years and it's gonna take Metrolink three years to lay 0.8 miles of track...

And the Eccles line that opened sixteen years ago is worn out, repairs schedule till August,,, they had to relay the tracks through part of the city centre a few years back, work was scheduled to take a few months, went on for over two years, city centre traffic absolute chaos through out the repairs...

And they say it's the future, no it ain't...

Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 12:46

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 12:59

WoW,,, worth every penny...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-39053356

I posted about the image below before, it's a clip from above video showing the tram entrance to Victoria station, they recently spent millions refurbishing the station, put a big plastic greenhouse structure up covering the platforms, but what gets me is the automatic doors they fitted to the pedestrian entrance (left side of picture),why why why,,, the structure is full of gaping holes to let the trains/trams in and out, it's a feckin wind tunnel of a place, yet that pedestrian entrance had to have a automated door...

3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 20753

Post by 3rdforum on Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 17:42

I don't know how it makes money. The only time i saw inspectors was at St Peter's square. They didn't even get on, just stood on platform waiting for passengers to alight. I saw 2 blokes just stay on until the following stop. On the other hand, we got a daily family travelcard for £6.20!! To be used on any tram at any time, not even off peak!

Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 17:50

They dont, its just to keep the green brigade happy, along with wind farms
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 21:28

3rdforum wrote:I don't know how it makes money. The only time i saw inspectors was at St Peter's square. They didn't even get on, just stood on platform waiting for passengers to alight. I saw 2 blokes just stay on until the following stop. On the other hand, we got a daily family travelcard for £6.20!! To be used on any tram at any time, not even off peak!

Yip, but inspectors do come on and I've seen them on last tram of the night, it's normally about four of them, was on tram one day and at the tram stop right opposite the IBIS hotel you were in, about eight of them got on, as per norm the fare dogeres jump off but on the platform four more inspectors plus two cops stopping and checking tickets, one guy done a runner, cop caught him and dragged him back, inspector issues the ticket, think it's £90 or a hundred quid, mates son got done a few years back,,, but what annoys me is you arrive tram stop and have to purchase ticket pre getting on tram and the fecking thing leaves without you, so tempting just to jump on...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 24 Jun 2018 - 13:41