Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

Brexit

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 28366

Brexit - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit

Post by Mcqueen on Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 19:09

I cant understand why you just cant be friends Brexit - Page 12 2485877773 put the past behind you  Brexit - Page 12 506932706 Brexit - Page 12 506932706 Brexit - Page 12 2485877773
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 21620

Post by 3rdforum on Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 19:36

Campbell Brodie wrote:What's the way out of this Dermo? Can't have a no-deal brexit or that means hard border and goes against GFA.
    Get ready for it Brexit - Page 12 3025408739

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 19:37

We are gearing up for a no deal Brexit Cam. UK gov say it wont build a hard border. Ire won't either. EU will say the integrity of the market will have to be protected so customs checks will have to take place in french and Irish ports. DUP will say thats suits us fine BUT, under freedom of movement, Ireland will be open to any EU citizens being here and because there is no hard border, they can walk across into UK. Eng wont stand for this, so will impose checks in Airports and ports in north, essentially doing then, what is proposed to do now. Smuggling will go on wholesale. Farmers on northern side in particular will go out of business, especially dairy farms and most of the milk processing facilities are in the south ( one milk collection lorry crosses the border over 80 times DAILY as is). N.I. private sector ( which is bloody tiny anyway) will crumble as a lot of their components come from EU which will now trades under WTO rules and is subject to varying tariffs. UK WILL go into recession, of that there is no doubt. Cuts will be made to public services ( 60% of jobs in north depend on this sector). Best case scenario, we will have a unification referendum within 5 years. Troubles WILL start again, no doubt, no matter what. How bad, I don't honestly know.  Worst case scenario, troubles will spread across the water, the longer the situation goes on. ( and I haven't mentioned the fact that UK treasury contribute a conservative estimate of 10 billion per year to the north ( they wont actually publish it for fear of a backlash from rest of UK)

On the other hand, if a deal is done, UK will still suffer economically. It is beyond belief why anyone would vote to make themselves worse off. The govt's , particularly Tory ones, have done a brilliant job of projecting their failings onto the EU. e.g., they are coming over here taking our jobs, what jobs? McDonalds, waiters? doesn't take a feckin' medical degree to get one of those does it? UK has ALWAYS had the power to dictate an immigration policy based on skills but THEY chose to do feck all about it.

They are coming over here taking all the benefits. Whose is feckin' giving them the benefits? Have a look at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. If the parameters were enforced by the UK GOVERNMENT, there would be no argument about them at all.

Finally, United Kingdom is on it's death bed no matter what. Scotland was bullied, lied to and scare mongered before indy ref in 2014. Scots voted 2:1 to stay in EU. The Scots won't be fooled again. ( brings up another border issue when independence happens). Once Scotland goes, Ireland will follow, not without bloodshed, but hopefully, it can be contained. That leaves Wales and England on their own, which, let's face it, thats what Eng and Wales want. England, wont want to contribute to Wales but might put up with them cos they think alike. Which then comes to the Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Gibraltar. What will happen there? Don't know, but i suspect the latter two will be ceded to France and Spain. Cost of upkeep . will be prohibitive. Britain will lose its seat on the UN secirity council and will no longer have a veto over Trump ( wouldn't do anything there anyway cos every British Pm in last 40 years has buried their noses up Uncle Sams arse)  or Putin, which is great, cos he has expanded military presence in Syria and has an eye on the Suez canal. Which brings me to NATO. Will Scotland allow English  RAF planes to fly in their airspace esp, if, and I think it will, Scotland becomes a neutral country?

Essentially, UK will become poorer, smaller, and less influential, all because of bullshit spread by successive govt's and embellished by ragtops selling newspapers to the gullible. 

I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet the above will happen, maybe to varying degrees.

Britian has been our worst enemy, our staunchest ally and our best friend. Us lot over here are aghast and more than a little heartbroken at the way it is tearing itself apart.

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 19:48

Ah but how much will a 99 cornet be both side of the border Brexit - Page 12 878948377
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 48738

Post by Campbell Brodie on Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 20:37

Food for thought there Dermo! Brexit - Page 12 294053457 Don't care about ice cream Reg, I've got some Magnums in the freezer! Brexit - Page 12 3025408739

Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 20:53

There are some Magnums over here as well, but I don't think they're ice creams Brexit - Page 12 2419626307

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 21:14

Brexit - Page 12 3025408739

Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 21366

Post by Adam Mint on Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 22:24

Don't panic Pike...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13646

Post by Perfectspecimen on Tue 29 Jan 2019 - 2:03

Look, dear May is a right trier but at the end of the day she is a remainer. Consequently she wants the softest deal possible or remain in Europe. If Europe back down on that backstop she will probably win the day. Personally I hope that doesnt happen but I'm too old to care really. Doubt there will be a border in Ireland but if a border needs to be it will end up this side of the Irish sea. Good bye NI. Hi
    Although if we make a success of this I suspect Ireland will follow us on the exit route.

Adventure before dementia!!! Brexit - Page 12 294053457
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Tue 29 Jan 2019 - 7:32

Its a bit like those folks that walk 3 miles a day to get water, Move to where its at,   Brexit - Page 12 3275847336
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Thu 31 Jan 2019 - 7:25

I have put a lot of thought into this and it seems Ireland is the main Problem
    Now over here in normal land we dont have northern England and southern England its England and if you were born here your English,if you live in Ireland your Irish, If you want to be English move over here and give the Irish back their country and lock the door on the way out,let them get on with it,
    Ireland costs us too much money and a load of grief we dont need, its some bloody minded twat that wont give it up -Why ? its of no use so bin the fecking place Brexit - Page 12 16779677 anybody got Mays number i'l get on to her and spell it out,  Brexit - Page 12 1498946960 we also have the Scotch gits but we needed to nick their oil so we can put up with them, the Welsh gets dont warrant a mention, besides they have a stupid language that nobody is interested in but them,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Thu 31 Jan 2019 - 8:27

That's more or less spot-on Reg. Brexit - Page 12 294053457

Helpful Links.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Fri 1 Feb 2019 - 9:49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Helpful Links.

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 1 Feb 2019 - 10:39

Jacob rees Mogg was over here last night attending a fundraising dinner for the DUP. The ward in which it was held and the 2 surrounding wards have a child poverty rate of 40% yet the tables were 500 a head. Ian Paisley was organising it, you know, the MP that got suspended for 30 days for taking a bribe, ( got nothing for the 2nd bribe , both free holidays). He is also the one who attended an event in New York and charged the charity 6500 pound for travel and expenses. Interesting, our foreign Affairs minister attended the same event in New York and charged 450 euro ( cost of seat in economy and he stayed in Irish consulate. They have no government in the north. The nationalists have no faith in it cos the DUP were making a pigs ear of it and refused to take responsibility for their mistakes ( many made on both sides but when you get a fella running wood pellet boiler 24/7, 365 days a year with windows and doors open in his house cos the more wood pellets he burned, the more money he got back in grants e.g. you burn 100 pounds worth, you were getting approx 130 pound back) refusal to recognise Irish as an official language ( I was in Wales last week, some of their signs are in Welsh only but most are bi lingual and nobody bats an eyelid). Nationalists have now bypassed parliament in the north. They are going after United Ireland. DUP can come or go for all I care. They have stoked hatred in my country for long enough, and while I'm at it, they can bring those Sinn Fein lunatics along with them. And Jacob Rees Mogg can take a flying feck for himself. Didn't see him over here at any time over the last 20 years but it appeals to his lot to be seen with the Loyalists, . 2 faced, the whole feckin lot of them. And make no mistake, it's the DUP and Rees Mogg that are holding up Brexit, not the Irish or EU. The deal was struck and DUP/ERG combined to blow it to pieces. The Tories/Dup are playing Russian roulette with the prosperity of the UK all cos they believe they are still in the 19th century. Ffs, even Reg and Vince ( brexit supporters ) think they are trouble making dickheads. If a eal isn't struck, UK goes out under WTO terms. There isn't ONE single country in the world trading solely on WTO cos the tariffs are too high. But hey, yesterday, UK signed a free trade agreement with the Faroe Islands. Well, that will add a percentage point or two to GNP. Yesterday, EU signed a deal with Japan, the biggest trade deal ever. Got feck all coverage in UK, I wonder why? That deal went faster than most and took 6 ( SIX) years to complete. At this stage, I'm tired of fighting with imbeciles ( not here but on Twitter ). We fought a world war, we conquered the world, we can cope with this. well thats a great argument for  a no deal exit. It will be fine cos we will go back to the standard of living in 1945. And don't get me going on Corbyn. Any other "leader" would have ousted this shower of muppets months ago. The best thing the Tories/DUP have in their favour is Jeremy Corbyn. The UK is a laughing stock and it gives me no pleasure in saying that. The signed deal is there, ratify it and put an end to this cockwomble of a farce.

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 1 Feb 2019 - 10:44

And before anyone says it has nothing to do with me in Ireland, guess whose country will be even worse off than the UK cos of this

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Fri 1 Feb 2019 - 11:36

It is a "cockwomble", a massive "cut our nose off to spite our face" farce. Everybody's figures all agree we will be worse off whether we accept May's deal or go "No Deal" than we are now. I'm starting to believe it's because of the crackdown by the EU on Off-Shore Tax Havens. Guess which country has the most?

Helpful Links.

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13646

Post by Perfectspecimen on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 0:01

Nicely put Dermot, Ireland will be worse off in the event of NO DEAL. As will be the whole of the EU. I can feel it coming. Brexit - Page 12 3481995571 Brexit - Page 12 3481995571

Adventure before dementia!!! Brexit - Page 12 294053457
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 6:48

Joe average inc me have no idea about the details of Brexit, what Joe average voted for was to stop the madness of immigration pure and simple, we being a bit thick or uneducated thought lets get away from those telling us to do this and take these in just like the French are still doing by pass the parcel over to us muppets, now it seems to me if we stopped the hand out madness they would not be risking lives crossing the channel in little boats or climbing into the back of lorries,
    all the conversations i have daily about another lot arriving into one of our nice council house and getting paid for it angers the working class Joe who has worked all his life for the same, Cam or Dermot wont see it like we do in major English city's,
    Example near me is a lovely nice row of ex railway houses, everyone is occupied by immigrants who have contributed nothing to the country, this week the council have dug up the lawn and concreted it over for them to park their cars (inc a Bmw) on it, now you would think the locals that still have their grown up children with their children living in their over crowded house would be happy about it,
    That is what the people voted for not all this business the politicians are banging on about,
    Have another vote that says we will stay in the EU but pack it in sending the worlds crap our way
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 9:34

You're correct in saying we don't have so much of it up here. In Dunfermline you'll be lucky if you see 2 or 3 African people in a day. There are a lot more Asians, but we don't have communities of Asians who all live in the same area. They are interspersed with the local population. Schools are still about 90+% indigenous Scots I reckon, I see this when I go to pick up Macie from school on a Wednesday. It isn't really a problem up here and the kids and parents all get on with each other.

Helpful Links.

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 12:34

We're pretty much the same as Scotland Reg. Foreign families have integrated very well over here, but we don't have the ghettos like you. Our biggest immigrant group is English , believe it or not. You hear loads of English accents at school gates. My neighbour up the road, him and his missus, both born and bred in London. Came to Galway for a week and basically never left. It's strange cos the English folk will support england in football but Ireland in rugby  Brexit - Page 12 878948377 Brexit - Page 12 878948377. During the world cup, there was  plenty of English flags outside houses ( so don't believe that claptrap that the Irish and English don't get on). Anyway, getting back to the immigrants, we have Polish, Croatian, Lithuanian, French, Spanish and a few more nationalities in the village. Their kids are in all the local clubs. Very very nice people. There is one black kid in the local school but he is adopted so his parents are white Irish. One indian family and thats about it.
    Our social welfare system seems to be a lot tougher that the UK's. We used to give handouts to anybody but the big recession in 2008 put a stop to that. We had Eastern european's flying in once a month to sign on and flying home again the same day ffs. There was a big clamp down on fraud. asylum seekers don't get dole money. They are kept in direct provision centres ( entire hotels) while their applications are processed. I think I said it here on this forum a couple of years ago, if social welfare was paid on the basis of country of origin NOT on country of destination, then you wouldn't have all these ghettos. The UK  would become, by default, a skills based immigration system.

foodiejohn
    foodiejohn

UK Male Posts : 77

Post by foodiejohn on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 13:00

we stopped the hand out madness they would not be risking lives crossing the channel in little boats or climbing into the back of lorries

But the majority of those are not EU citizens and IMO that is where the problem lies. Many of those who voted to stop immigration were voting for people of a different colour not those who do all the shitty jobs that the Brits don´t want to do.,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 13:11

The ones crossing in little dinghys are Illegal Immigrants, as Foodiejohn says. The EU citizens can come and go as they please just now (using passports because we are not part of the Schengen area).

Helpful Links.

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 13:28

Certain lot i cant mention on here that must go to night school to see what the can get from us,
    Indians are nice folk that have the problem of being bundled in with the other, Polish and chinese and most of the others are also ok with the rest of us, In London everybody knows who do the mugging and stabbings, but they dont get a mention anymore in case they cry foul, Trump has the same problem he wants to build a wall but they wont let him, he wants to ban Mussys but that cant happen
    tell that to the mostly jews that was in the towers, never had trouble with them apart trying to extract money from them but they are harmless they get on with their lives and bother nobody'
    the lot we all know are the cancer on society and wont stop until they screw the place up like their own place, It is past controlling now, come here on a Friday afternoon and watch how the behave parking and blocking main roads and dibble and parking wardens  wont be seen anywhere, i dont make this up they are lawless and getting bigger by the minute, I could go on and wind my ass right up but i am flogging a dead horse, 18 carrot kents
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 14:15

Another thing we don't have, council estates. Very few of them left. When the boom came in mid 90's , all the new estates being built had to have minimum of 10% social and affordable housing and those houses weren't allowed to be grouped together in the estate. Also, dept of social welfare stopped building houses, ( they are sorry now cos we have a major housing crisis), so houses were rented off landlords in private estates. Not saying that is the reason for better integration but probably helped.

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 15:08

Mus rats do not want to integrate they are focused on turning us all to dust or joining up with there beliefs,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 25 Aug 2019 - 15:42