Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

Brexit

Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 19848

Re: Brexit

Post by Adam Mint on Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 18:44

How do you see the north fitting in to the souths economy, that 10 billion ain't just gonna disappear...
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 19943

Post by 3rdforum on Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 19:17

The UK has tacitly expressed the intention of continuing the subvention to the north on a decreasing basis over the next decade (in the event of reunification). That, and the EU plus the American Ireland fund have billions that they will invest. The north needs the business acumen from Irish business people to grow a proper economy. As it stands, 60% of the jobs there are directly or indirectly dependent on the public service. we will have to ( I hope) rewrite our constitution to create a federal republic i.e. let the orange lads run things in the north if they want and then have a federal parliament. To be honest, they don't realise just what a strong position they would be in, in a inited Ireland. They would be the kingmakers in practically every election.

Plus our football team will improve

Last edited by 3rdforum on Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 19:31; edited 1 time in total

Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 38655

Post by Campbell Brodie on Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 19:20

Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13353

Post by Perfectspecimen on Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 18:26

Mrs Browns Boys can prop up the economy all on their own. Last nights episode was brilliant.

Adventure before dementia!!!
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 17:55

Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 17:57

DUPs playing hard ball...[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 25170

Post by Mcqueen on Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 18:13

I dont care Not listening  I dont care
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 19:25

Campbell Brodie wrote:DUPs playing hard ball...[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Typical, fecking playing sport when all this political shit needs sorting...
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 19:27

Campbell Brodie wrote:DUPs playing hard ball...[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    So the DUP ( 10 people holding an entire continent to ransom) have turned down the "best of both worlds" deal. Continued access with no fee to the worlds biggest market , all the while maintaining it's constitutional status with the UK. But NO!!, they want their economy to go down the tubes just the same as everyone else's ( if that happens). They aren't even in power in the north, nor do they represent the majority of voters. AND, they claim to be British yet their own government thinks so feckin' highly of them, they didn't even inform them of the details of the negotiations. The DUP should be down on bended knee thanking the southern government for looking after the welfare of the northern citizens, something that they have completely abdicated their own responsibility for

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 19:56

That was a good deal for everyone on these islands, Irish, English, Scots and Welsh.

Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 19:58

Like you said before thy will vote the opposite of  what the others vote,
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 6308

Post by searcher on Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 20:05

IT all looks perfectly simple, feck of to the rife for a few weeks ,come back and it will all be tickety boo

weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather

Last edited by searcher on Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 20:05; edited 1 time in total
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 20:05

Mcqueen wrote:Like you said before thy will vote the opposite of  what the others vote,
    Yep. Hope the British people turn on them, leavers and remainers. It's all they deserve

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 20:07

searcher wrote:IT all looks perfectly simple, feck of to the rife for a few weeks ,come back and it will all be tickety boo

weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather weather
    They won't go to Tenerife. This is 100% true. My brother in law was talking to a lady from Norn Iron in Gran Canaria. She wouldn't go to Tenerife because and I quote " they have a Scottish flag"

searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 6308

Post by searcher on Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 20:09

3rdforum wrote:
    Mcqueen wrote:Like you said before thy will vote the opposite of  what the others vote,
    Yep. Hope the British people turn on them, leavers and remainers. It's all they deserve

They ARE the British people and want to remain so.
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 20:37

searcher wrote:
    3rdforum wrote:

They ARE the British people and want to remain so.
    Not saying they aren't but the fact is, most people on the "mainland" don't care about them, haven't a clue what's their grief is and would probably want to be rid of them if they could. Their grandstanding, in an effort to assert their Britishness, ( despite a large majority voting  "remain"), could well lead to a hard border. If that happens, there is a virtual certainty that violence will break out again. My kids ( and their kids) deserve better. Also, while I'm at it, nothing but NOTHING, in the draft agreement today, would have led the 6 counties to re-unifying with the south, WITHOUT THE EXPLICIT CONSENT OF THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE, in the north. It is enshrined in the GFA and todays agreement was keeping that agreement absolutely intact. There is far more at stake here than economics. I wish I could impart the gravity of the situation better, so the UK population could understand more.

Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Mon 4 Dec 2017 - 21:21

See being a Scotsman transplanted to England I've learend to put up with eejits, and that is what needs to happen all over the world...
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie on Tue 5 Dec 2017 - 16:53

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Helpful Links.

Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Tue 5 Dec 2017 - 17:04

Trouble causing feckers  
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint on Tue 5 Dec 2017 - 17:59

Yip them English and Welsh feckers for voting leave...

Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Wed 6 Dec 2017 - 9:58

Time for May to resign now, move along you silly bitch. As for NI yes us English dont give a shite about them. They were a pain in the ass when I was growing up and they still are. If I hear that disgusting accent I will move away from them.

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Wed 6 Dec 2017 - 16:49

I actually know what you mean Vince. The accent is associated with feckin bombs and riots and madness. Wouldn't blame anyone for being wary. Its a shame as most ( from both sides) are ok when you get talking to them. They have the same gripes as anyone else, too much tax, poor public services. Even I'm wary of meeting them on holidays. The 1st 5 min is trying to work out which side they are on and then trying not to put my foot in it.

Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Wed 6 Dec 2017 - 17:35

Nobody i know could give two fecks about the place, why not give all the northern Irish kents council houses over here and give the northern bit to the Irish, make your mind up Irish or British, Sheer bloody mindness, grown up with it and brain washed like all the other trouble in the world,
    Religion my arse
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Wed 6 Dec 2017 - 17:38

Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen on Wed 6 Dec 2017 - 23:44

To be fair I have met some nice ones but like Dermo I am always wary. If this puts a spanner in the works 52% of us will see to it they get booted out.   I used to be pro Europe until they let the last lot in and the Greece fiasco. I dont wish to pay money to prop up Eastern Europe and I dont like them living here either. By the way what happened to the butter mountain? Did it melt?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 14:57