Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

Heyup........ Independence Day!

Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13068

Re: Heyup........ Independence Day!

Post by Perfectspecimen on Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 12:38

I have an NIE number. I can vote in Spain.

Adventure before dementia!!!
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 19272

Post by 3rdforum on Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 17:58

When a deal is eventually struck with the EU to access the markets, will there be a referendum on whether or not to accept the onerous conditions?

Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 36151

Post by Campbell Brodie on Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 18:00

I think we should have a referendum to see if we want another referendum...

Helpful Links.
           [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 18:08

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they manage to blag their way out of this commitment

searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 6056

Post by searcher on Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 21:30

3rdforum wrote:I wouldn't be at all surprised if they manage to blag their way out of this commitment

You're probably right D ,they'll say it was just a suggestion 
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21159

Post by Topdog on Sun 26 Jun 2016 - 22:04

Scottish constitution voted and they can't vote again for 5 years not matter what that old tart says. Britain not out though until House of Lords and parliamentary vote. Euro will be only currency to really suffer in long run, let's also look at Geneva convention and the Lisbon treaty, all stays same for at least 2 yeArs in uk favor despite what krauts want. Netherlands and France first to follow us, then Italy Spain and Greece then a new alliance will be formed where we all say people as off Germany you did not contribute fairly last time. Good luck Merkel start practicing your Eastern European languages perhaps that is what a new Soviet Union type Germany and the rest of Europe who knows
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Mon 27 Jun 2016 - 18:24

Our stock market is in freefall. I think it will take 6 - 8 weeks before all the dust settles but there will still be fluctuations in sterling as new info emerges e.g. who the new PM will be, how strong a stance either side will take in the negotiations etc. I'm buying my home heating oil now before the prices shoot up ( oil is bought worldwide in dollars). Anyway, what I was going to say is that Ireland is already gearing up for a battle with the EU. Some politicians in Europe are saying that now is the time to make major reforms SUCH AS a standardised tax rate. One of our MEP's with the backing of the taoiseach has stated

"
    Fine Gael MEP Brian Hayes, who ran Taoiseach Enda Kenny's re-election campaign, told the Irish Independent that if corporation tax rates are threatened then Ireland should follow Britain out of the EU.
    "That is the absolute red line issue. If any attempt is made to cajole us, as far as I'm concerned, we're out the door," he said."

Irish Indo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 13:37