Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

Heyup........ Independence Day!

Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13225

Heyup........ Independence Day!

Post by Perfectspecimen on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 7:05

Well, well, well. All the experts got it wrong AND the bookies! Pleased to see my local Fenland District scored a massive 71.4% a bit behind Boston with 75.6%  
    Nigel.  
    And a special message for Cameron, Sturgeon and that silly comedian? Izzard.  

Adventure before dementia!!!
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 24476

Re: Heyup........ Independence Day!

Post by Mcqueen on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 7:15

So Scotland voted 60% to stay in, just worried where their giro is coming from now
    Also Ireland said their are going serious implications over there, Stand together men, Not
    Now if i was in charge i would put that Adrians wall back up to 10ft, and say stay there then,
    Then nip over the water and give Ireland back to the Irish, we dont need it just like Europe
    angusjim

UK Male Posts : 355

Post by angusjim on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 7:36

And so it begins its time to pull together not try and rip the country apart with childish stupid comments
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 7:58

angusjim wrote:And so it begins its time to pull together not try and rip the country apart with childish stupid comments
    Time to pull together   Scotland voted to stay in, Your Sturgeon wants another vote to see if you lot want to stay in Great Britain 
    angusjim

Post by angusjim on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 8:36

Mcqueen wrote:
    angusjim wrote:And so it begins its time to pull together not try and rip the country apart with childish stupid comments
    Time to pull together   Scotland voted to stay in, Your Sturgeon wants another vote to see if you lot want to stay in Great Britain
    Sturgeon and the SNP live in la la land they had their chance and blew it, watch now for London again raising that they are fed up supporting the UK economy. But the majority of the people in UK have decided and we must all accept it, that's what democracy is about and only time will tell if this is the correct decision hopefully for the future generations it will be. I do not think that you or anyone else actually knows what will happen
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 19550

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 8:56

Mcqueen wrote:So Scotland voted 60% to stay in, just worried where their giro is coming from now
    Also Ireland said their are going serious implications over there, Stand together men, Not
    Now if i was in charge i would put that Adrians wall back up to 10ft, and say stay there then,
    Then nip over the water and give Ireland back to the Irish, we dont need it just like Europe
    yes please!

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:00

Well the die has been cast and the results are in. Brave decision by the UK. Don't know yet what the cost will be. I see RBS and Barclays are down @ 25%. Pensions will be hit badly I suspect. General election on the way in the UK probably. got to say, I feel like a family member has decided to move to the other side of the world. Ireland and the UK have stood shoulder to shoulder in the EU for the last 20 years. Our best buddy and strongest ally has gone. Who's going to get our backs now??

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:18

Just thinking, Ireland will be the UK's strongest ally in the negotiations. It is in our interest that any damage to the UK economy is kept to a minimum as the2 countries are such strong trading partners. Ryanair is down 15%. IAG ( BA) is down 20%. Democratic Unionist Party in the north will be delighted. They'll try to bring in border controls again. That might well kick off more violence. Need VERY strong political leadership now. UK should be ok in that respect. We, on the other hand are fecked. We have a minority government as it is.

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:22

Independent England on the way?

Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:22

Dont worry about what it will cost, we will manage, scaremongering still,
    Watch what some other countrys do now, as usual we lead and the others will follow,
    I can understand Scotland and Ireland wanting their own identitys, but you cant have it both ways,
    Stand on your own 2 feet and support yourselves just like we have voted for,
    If you dont have a good argument dont resort to personal insults Angus, I am childish and always will be, thats me, stupid no which is why i dont have to get up in the middle of the night to go to work, I dont have to get up ever again because i am not stupid, uneducated yes, but that isnt my fault, so pack it in or you will be gone faster than you arrived,
    Nobody on this forum insults another member knowingly, thats why we are a success,
    Yes you pressed my button i wont mention it again, move on like Britain this morning.
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:35

Deep breath guys and count to ten. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
    Passions on both sides is great to see, no matter whether you agree or not. Now, I'm going to to ask a question. Do you think it will lead to a breakup of the UK as it currently exists? And here is another one. The Uk has voted to get rid of the EU. What happens if some of the EU wants to join the UK? Will the UK electorate be willing to becoming part of another area i.e. a trading block with common interests etc etc? I've said on here before, that I think the Uk will split but I would like to see a "sterling zone" on these islands. The future is up for grabs. The UK government in particular better get things right cos they will only have one stab at it.

3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:36

And yes, Reg IS childish!

Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:40

Yes i am 
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:45

Betcha there will be a new political party in the Uk as well. There will be a break away from the tories I think

Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:47

Oh and the UK splitting up ? We all need to get along first, but big chips on shoulders from years past,
    cant see it ever happening, You lot with the euros wouldnt swop places, we never did 
    Janet said this this morning blady hell the pound has bombed, good i said we will sell an apartment,
    every cloud has a silver lining, once all the crap is out of the way the pound will be strong again and every body will want it, the euro is toilet paper, germany will be messing their pants now,
    What again !!!
    zdeekie

UK Female Posts : 2072

Post by zdeekie on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:50

Happiness is a childish heart no matter how old you are good x
    angusjim

Post by angusjim on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:53

testing testing my last 2 posts have not come 
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:54

Yep, it was nuts joining the Euro. We couldn't devalue when we needed to and the ECB shafted us when we held back a banking tsunami from overwhelming the eurozone economy. Another reason for a sterling zone,  but maybe not necessarily everyone having the same currency but pegging our new currency to a certain percentage of sterling ( like they did years ago)

angusjim

Post by angusjim on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 9:59

Mcqueen wrote:Dont worry about what it will cost, we will manage, scaremongering still,
    Watch what some other countrys do now, as usual we lead and the others will follow,
    I can understand Scotland and Ireland wanting their own identitys, but you cant have it both ways,
    Stand on your own 2 feet and support yourselves just like we have voted for,
    If you dont have a good argument dont resort to personal insults Angus, I am childish and always will be, thats me, stupid no which is why i dont have to get up in the middle of the night to go to work, I dont have to get up ever again because i am not stupid, uneducated yes, but that isnt my fault, so pack it in or you will be gone faster than you arrived,
    Nobody on this forum insults another member knowingly, thats why we are a success,
    Yes you pressed my button i wont mention it again, move on like Britain this morning.
    Just to be clear I did not call YOU stupid or childish it was directed at the comments you made. I will not even get into your petty jibes at the time i start work or how rich you are because frankly it is irrelevant. But if you want to ban me for you misunderstanding what I said then carry on.
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 10:03

If you want independence you should have your own money,
    angusjim

Post by angusjim on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 10:15

Hopefully the UK government do not give in to another referendum, the SNP had their chance and lost we now need to concentrate on being part of the UK and help make this vote work for us all 
    innit

Post by innit on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 10:49

Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 10:51

That is whats needed, pull together incase we get invaded again by those krauts that just lost again
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 10:51

Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 13225

Post by Perfectspecimen on Fri 24 Jun 2016 - 13:51

Oooh, rare thing a squabble on here.   Indeed we do need to stand together and united on this. The country has voted and so be it. Real democracy is a rare occurence here in the UK and for once the little man has triumphed. As an ex born and bred Londoner, Mummys side anyway, I cant understand for one minute how they want to side with Scotland and leave the UK although its fair to say now a vast percentage of residents there were not born anywhere near the UK. Perhaps if they all bugger off now we can reclaim our Capital City and also get rid of that grotesque human the Mayor. 

Anyway back to real life I have to cut the grass. Today is the first time its been dry and its been growing like a new British economy. 

Adventure before dementia!!!

Current date/time is Sat 23 Sep 2017 - 11:59