Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

    RIP Mohammed Ali

    angusjim
    angusjim
     
     

    UK Male Posts : 713
    Join date : 2016-05-21
    Age : 64

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by angusjim on Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 6:58

    One of the all time sporting greats has passed away it was sad to see what he had become with his illness. A TRUE great and we will never see his likes again
    Topdog
    Topdog
     
     

    England Male Posts : 21257
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 60
    Location : England

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty Re: RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by Topdog on Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 8:35

    He was a legend in boxing RIP CASIUS
    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12665
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty Re: RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by Gypsy on Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 8:40

    angusjim wrote:One of the all time sporting greats has passed away it was sad to see what he had become with his illness. A TRUE great and we will never see his likes again

    True!  RIP
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 50279
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 64
    Location : Scotland

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty Re: RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by Campbell Brodie on Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 8:40

    Muhammad Ali in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



    Helpful Links.
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
               

    3rdforum
    3rdforum
     
     

    Ireland Male Posts : 21862
    Join date : 2011-08-30
    Age : 49
    Location : Ireland

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty Re: RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by 3rdforum on Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 11:12

    RIP Mohammed Ali 2681204924 RIP Mohammed Ali 2681204924 RIP Mohammed Ali 2681204924






    zdeekie
    zdeekie
     
     

    UK Female Posts : 4093
    Join date : 2013-04-21
    Age : 62

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty Re: RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by zdeekie on Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 13:32

    Sadly another loss of the greatest kind RIP RIP Mohammed Ali 2681204924 x
    marbro8
    marbro8
     
     

    UK Male Posts : 446
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Age : 58
    Location : walsall west mids

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty Re: RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by marbro8 on Tue 7 Jun 2016 - 19:19

    I must admit i did shed a tear when i heard. a truly great man. i just didn't get the change of religion though? RIP Mohammed Ali 1498946960
    3rdforum
    3rdforum
     
     

    Ireland Male Posts : 21862
    Join date : 2011-08-30
    Age : 49
    Location : Ireland

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty Re: RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by 3rdforum on Tue 7 Jun 2016 - 19:25

    I'd say he was driven to it by the discrimination of black Americans. The Nation of Islam was probably one of the more militant/vociferous centres of opposition to what was essentially apartheid.






    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen
     
     

    England Male Posts : 28705
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 65
    Location : England

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty Re: RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by Mcqueen on Tue 7 Jun 2016 - 19:26

    Banged his head too many times RIP Mohammed Ali 1498946960 Religion WTF  RIP Mohammed Ali 3025408739
    marbro8
    marbro8
     
     

    UK Male Posts : 446
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Age : 58
    Location : walsall west mids

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty Re: RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by marbro8 on Tue 7 Jun 2016 - 20:05

    3rdforum wrote:I'd say he was driven to it by the discrimination of black Americans. The Nation of Islam was probably one of the more militant/vociferous centres of opposition to what was essentially apartheid.
    yes but if he was a real muslim he would have to have been washed  and buried within 24 hours? and i think the funeral is tomorrow? i didn't know that malchome X was a muslim as well.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum
     
     

    Ireland Male Posts : 21862
    Join date : 2011-08-30
    Age : 49
    Location : Ireland

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty Re: RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by 3rdforum on Tue 7 Jun 2016 - 20:15

    Afaik, there is no actual time limit in Islam to bury s'one. Its normally done as quickly as possible to allow speedy transfer from this life to the next. Sometimes, it is delayed if circumstances require e.g. body being transported from a foreign country. In Ali's case, I would assume its to allow ordinary people in particular, to attend. Its all a load of tosh anyway. Once you're gone , you're gone. As I said before, they can dig a hole in my back garden and roll me in for all I care. I'm might donate my body to science as I'm sure that my intelligence and good looks will be the subject of extensive research for years to come . ( That and the fact I won't have to pay for the funeral! RIP Mohammed Ali 3025408739 )






    marbro8
    marbro8
     
     

    UK Male Posts : 446
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Age : 58
    Location : walsall west mids

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty Re: RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by marbro8 on Tue 7 Jun 2016 - 20:16

    Mcqueen wrote:Banged his head too many times RIP Mohammed Ali 1498946960 Religion WTF  RIP Mohammed Ali 3025408739
    caused more wars than anything over the last few hundred years. i was talking to a muslim yesterday and he said if you read the koran it states that whatever country you reside in, then if that country go to war you have to take up arms to protect it. not only that but you must also live by their rules RIP Mohammed Ali 2419626307 so wtf has happened here in britain? not only do they want to take up arms against us, but they want to introduce shia law in the areas they live in. and it all boils down to the effin do good  political correct brigade RIP Mohammed Ali 506932706
    marbro8
    marbro8
     
     

    UK Male Posts : 446
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Age : 58
    Location : walsall west mids

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty Re: RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by marbro8 on Tue 7 Jun 2016 - 20:21

    3rdforum wrote:Afaik, there is no actual time limit in Islam to bury s'one. Its normally done as quickly as possible to allow speedy transfer from this life to the next. Sometimes, it is delayed if circumstances require e.g. body being transported from a foreign country. In Ali's case, I would assume its to allow ordinary people in particular, to attend. Its all a load of tosh anyway. Once you're gone , you're gone. As I said before, they can dig a hole in my back garden and roll me in for all I care. I'm might donate my body to science as I'm sure that my intelligence and good looks will be the subject of extensive research for years to come . ( That and the fact I won't have to pay for the funeral! RIP Mohammed Ali 3025408739 )
    RIP Mohammed Ali 3025408739
    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12665
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty Re: RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by Gypsy on Tue 7 Jun 2016 - 21:23

    That is the problem, nothing to do with immigrants, it is the Brits bending over backwards trying to make them feel special when the majority are embarrassed by the stupid dictates that are set.  

    I know loads of Muslims and as far as they are concerned they enjoyed and encouraged their children to take part in Christmas plays at school, sing Christmas carols etc but now we hear they would be offended if this happens.  Tosh.

    Sponsored content

    RIP Mohammed Ali Empty Re: RIP Mohammed Ali

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu 14 Nov 2019 - 9:00